Crazy Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Quilt

So today's DD is the crazy quilt templates ,I watched the tute and I really like the FINISHED quilt but I dunno if I could realistically have the patience or long term motivation to sew each little scrap. My question is has anybody made one of these crazy quilts and if so was it fun or was it a pain in the butt??

Re: Crazy Quilt

I watched it again too. I was thinking i would use a jelly roll and one of the templates. I do not yet have enough scraps to make a whole quilt. Maybe start the center with a white or other color charm.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I had a crazy quilt going on for years, no templates, But each time I made something, I was a garment maker then I would sew a piece of the scraps onto a white sheet. The wonderful thing about a crazy quilt is you can use so many fabrics, mine had lace, velvet, satins , cottons all kinds of fabrics and where you had some raw edges you cover with bits of trim, lace , rick rack etc. It was coming out gorgeous, but never got finished, not sure where it is now.
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
        I had a crazy quilt going on for years, no templates, But each time I made something, I was a garment maker then I would sew a piece of the scraps onto a white sheet. The wonderful thing about a crazy quilt is you can use so many fabrics, mine had lace, velvet, satins , cottons all kinds of fabrics and where you had some raw edges you cover with bits of trim, lace , rick rack etc. It was coming out gorgeous, but never got finished, not sure where it is now.
        OOOOOOH I would LOVE it if you found it and posted a pic I would like to see it!!

Comment

I love to do crazy quilts, but I've never used a template for any of mine. I kinda of like the look of them when they are not uniform looking. When you do them by hand, they do take a long time. I've got one now in my UFO box that I took out a while back (I had forgotten I started it), and it is in my sewing room now on my quilt rack. But I started it by hand so I will continue working on it by hand. But with the templates, they should be just as fast any other quilt block with a template. And if you have a sewing machine with lots of fancy stitches, you could use those for your stitches over the seams.
          My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Comment

I bought the templates too, and want to watch the video again but cant find it. Can someone help me find it please? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by teresaholley View Post
              I bought the templates too, and want to watch the video again but cant find it. Can someone help me find it please? Thanks
              Here you go... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9QKruDO8tk

Comment

Working...
              X