Help! Problems With My Machine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Problems With My Machine!

I have a Brother Dream Weaver. I sewed on it last week and was doing embroidery. I removed the embroidery attachment and sat down to sew some binding strips together. Imagine my surprise when my presser foot was about 2" above the plate! I noticed I didn't have upper thread, so I threaded that. Then I decided to check the bobbin and took that out. The bobbin was in pieces, all cracked on the top. I pulled everything out, and cleaned it out. The pressure foot is still up. My machine is computerized and I usually raise and lower the presser by a button but vaguely remember when I was using the embroidery of either raising or lowering it by the lever in the back. I wouldn't think it would make a difference, but who knows! The picture shows it in the up position, but that's way too far up!
    Attached Files

Re: Help! Problems With My Machine!

try putting the foot down with the button on the front of the machine, up by the scissors button
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I think I figured out what is wrong but don't know how to fix it! When you turn the machine on there is the option of sewing or embroidery. You can do either with the embroidery carriage on. I tried doing that, picked sewing and noticed the problem. I took the embroidery carriage off, pushed embroidery and the machine didn't recognize that the embroidery carriage wasn't on!!

Comment

Did you try putting the embroidery unit back on and selecting sewing?

Comment

Did you try turning the machine off and then back on? On some machine this will reset it.
          TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Working...
          X