Sewing With Nancy - Grand Dresden Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewing With Nancy - Grand Dresden Quilts

This episode aired today. Anybody else watch it?

I have the MSQC Dresden template and loved the patterns from last week that Jenny did. I keep seeing Dresden's! Now the ones on Sewing With Nancy. I think I need to do something with Dresdens. The parasol quilt was really modern looking.

Anyone done a modern style quilt (including mug rugs and wall hangings or anything) using Dresdens?
    Vonnie

Re: Sewing With Nancy - Grand Dresden Quilts

I haven't done a Dresden quilt or wallhanging but I did make a baby bib!!
    Attached Files

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

i've seen a bed quilt that they used mens ties to make the dresden plate with. i thought that looked so impressive or grand.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Originally posted by Auntpiggylpn View Post
        I was thinking oh isn't that a cute skirt!
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

OMG what a awesome cute idea!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Comment

P4207984.JPG

I just finished this today. It's made from the Dresden plate cutter from M* and inspired by Jenny's tutorial. This is the same size as Jenny's.

Then I extended the length of the Dresden plate cutter to cut wedges from yardage. Each wedge is 20" long and I've made the top for a HUGE cushion in the same fabrics. This is for my teenage son and matches the quilt I made him for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheena View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]73849[/ATTACH]

I just finished this today. It's made from the Dresden plate cutter from M* and inspired by Jenny's tutorial. This is the same size as Jenny's.

Then I extended the length of the Dresden plate cutter to cut wedges from yardage. Each wedge is 20" long and I've made the top for a HUGE cushion in the same fabrics. This is for my teenage son and matches the quilt I made him for Christmas.
              I would love to see the large cushion when you are done. That would be awesome I think for my granddaughter.
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

When I looked at this I thought..."What a great apron this would make"!
                TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

That's really neat! Did you come up with this idea? I bet the baby looked really cute.
                  Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Sheena View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]73849[/ATTACH]

I really like that. Did you just draw the lines on the fabric using the dresden template first then extend the lines with a longer ruler? Did you do the pattern on the back or just plain fabric measured like Jenny did in the video?
                    That would be really great to make to match a quilt. What did you fill it with?

I bet your son really likes it.
                    Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Genny View Post
                      When I looked at this I thought..."What a great apron this would make"!
                      I think I saw an episode on Sewing with Nancy where she did make a dresden apron. I think it would be easy to make a mother and daughter aprons. If you make one please post a picture.
                      Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                        That's really neat! Did you come up with this idea? I bet the baby looked really cute.
                        i did come up with it on my own. I made it to match the quilt I made for the baby. I have a 10 degree ruler and just cut out blades until I was happy with the size. I sewed the blades together and then laid it right side down onto terry cloth and sewed around the edges, leaving an open section at the neck for turning. I then trimmed the edges, turned it then top stitched around the edges. I made my own bias trim for the ties. Easy peazy !

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

Working...
                        X