Greenwood Quiltery building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greenwood Quiltery building

A week or so ago I posted about a new quilt shop that I had found in the city next to mine and was housed in a building that was constructed in 1862. I went back earlier this week and took some pictures of the interior. It's a shame to see such a beautiful building unrestored and used as a home and to see all the layers upon layers of paint that cover the door trim and crown mouldings. But I just adore this building! here are a few pics of the inside architecture and the shop.

archway.jpgphoto6.jpgshop 3.jpgshop1.jpgshop2.jpgshop4.jpgshop5.jpgshop7.jpgshop8.jpgshop9.jpg

Re: Greenwood Quiltery building

sorry they are out of order. Here are the stairs...just gorgeous.

stairs.jpg

and the windows from outside...need work but the detailing on them is gorgeous.

shop10.jpg

Anyway...just thought I'd share.

Comment

What a grand home that it must have been in the day! Look at the height of those ceilings! And the staircase .....beautiful. We have a number of these old homes in the Historical area of town and it's always fun to view them and imagine how others lived in those days. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

What a wonderful home. Wouldn't it be wonderful to live in a home like that!

Comment

LOVE!! Old buildings are such gems of the past. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Comment

Beautiful home, thanks for sharing.

Comment

i always love the grand architecture from the past. i always wanted to own a victorian home but i have a split, oh at least i have a home.
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

The woodworking is gorgeous! At least it is being used and the public can enjoy the beauty of it. Thanks for sharing!
                LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

The architectural details of that building are stunning. What a beauty!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

What a pretty place and it makes a lovely quilt shop. Thanks for the pictures.
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

What a gorgeous home! Of course I had to pull my eyes away from all that fabric to look at the home's architecture!! lol What a grand home. If those walls could talk... Wow. Thanks Wendy for sharing those wonderful photos.
                      Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

What a beautiful place to shop. Wouldn't you love to see it restored to it's former beauty?

Comment

Just beautiful! Also got sidetracked by some of those quilts!
                          Vonnie

Comment

YUM!> I would love to hide in a closet somewhere and stay until everyone is gone and then wander around all by myself. Imagining the wonderful parties and life that went on in the house...Of course I would end up being the cook or the dishwasher I'm sure...... What's the saying? No rest for the weary...
                            Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

Originally posted by IBake View Post
                              YUM!> I would love to hide in a closet somewhere and stay until everyone is gone and then wander around all by myself. Imagining the wonderful parties and life that went on in the house...Of course I would end up being the cook or the dishwasher I'm sure...... What's the saying? No rest for the weary...
                              OH YES! That would be awesome! I think when I know them a bit better I may ask them for a wee tour of the bulding. Such a grand house! Would LOVE to know the history of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X