Best garage sale find ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best garage sale find ever?

I am still giddy over a wonderful garage sale find from last week. I came upon a sale of quality quilt fabrics (Moda, Robert Kauffman, Benartex, thimbleberries). Yards and yards of it and they were selling it for $1/ yard. I bought the whole stash! It was too good to pass up. Even though most of it is not my style, I sew quilts for a local hospital and it will be perfect for that. I don't know where I'm going to put it all in the meantime. LOL! So, what's your best find ever?

Re: Best garage sale find ever?

Awesome!!! Enjoy your new stash of fabric. It is very rare to find any sort of deal like that where I live.

Comment

My favorite so far is a lamp like Ott light, just as bright as an Ott, for $8 at my thrift shop! It came with an extra bulb too
      Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I just got an Ott light this week. My neighbor was going to throw it away if I didn't take it! My best friend got a Bernina Sport for $35 at a garage sale a few years ago. It was the last all metal one they made. We went to a class and the instructor wanted to buy it from her. She was trying to get one one Ebay, but kept getting out bid as she would only go up to $900. I couldn't believe it when Marilyn refused! SHe still has it and it is a real workhorse!

Comment

Wow...that is an AWESOME find! I wish I could find deals like that around here!

Comment

The Necchi I got for $10 a couple months back.....she is beautiful!
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Awesome...I haven't managed to snag any really good deals yet.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

My home was practically furnished from yard sales. A hand made quilt $5.00, it was tied but still the girl selling it said she grew up using it all the time and was just tired of it. Antique trunk with leather straps, very big $10.00, and 1950's table red, with the aluminum trim $10.00. Old double wash tubs like grandma use to use, a 1950's yellow mixer with green bowls $2 etc. etc. Another passion of mine yard sales. You can find some amazing things out there. Good find Kim H. I would have snagged it all too.

Comment

For a dollar a yard I would have bought it all, too!

The only real deal I've ever found was a piece of Fenton glass (a tiered serving dish) for $4.
                  Donna

Comment

Most recently there was a "white bedspread" DH pointed out to me in a photo at an on-line auction. We got it for $12 and I thought I could use it as a base to sew some of my inherited linens to. When I got it I realized they took a photo of the plain back side. The top was a grouping of 20 blocks hand candlewicked into different patterns. White-on-white and lovely as can be.

The other great deal was from another auction. $7 for a floor model OTT lamp.

Comment

Lucky duck!! Enjoy your fabrics!!
                      Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I love yard sales and am glad the season is upon us here. I do not spend my saturday's going to them though, but once in awhile I'll get the urge and stop if I pass one by on my way to somewhere else.
                        My best find ever - a lady closed a quilt and yarn shop and listed on Craigs List under 'materials' (like things you would use for building homes and such, not materials like fabric) - anyways, she listed them for $2.00 a yard. So me and 2 others went. When we got there, she changed it to $2.00 a BOLT! And it didn't matter how much was on the bolt. Some were FULL. Needless to say we all bought quite a bit. And even went back a second time and loaded the vehicle just as full as the first time.
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Wow, you guys have found some great deals!

Comment

Congratulations on a great find! I've found some vintage Carnival glass items at flea markets, but I've never run up on fabric bargains like this....wish I could!
                            *~* Myrna *~*
                            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Wow -- that is one awesome find. I would have bought the whole lot too!
                              My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Comment

Working...
                              X