Sold boat...buying furniture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold boat...buying furniture

I'm looking for a sewing machine cabinet...preferably with an air lift. Any suggestions? Connecting Threads has some nice looking cabinets..kinda like the Arrow brand. I just wanted something to fit into my existing work area and want a flush sewing surface.
    sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Re: Sold boat...buying furniture

I was looking at the arrow cabinets a while ago, but I found a cabinet with a lift that will fit my new Brother Dream Creator. This machine has an 11 1/4" throat and was too big for any of the cabinets I could afford new. Just lucked in to the one I found on craigs list. Be sure to know the measurements of your machine and the measurements of the opening in the cabinet, all cabinets are not created equal.
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I looked at both Horn of America and Koala. The Koalas now have a VERY sturdy lift, supported on the sides instead of the center back. These Koala lifts are also operated by a switch instead of a push/release, so you get VERY precise placement of the lift.
      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I love my Koala - pricey but so worth it.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Try looking at this site. Very nice people to talk to...and helpful.
          Sewing Furniture : SewingMachinesPlus.com
          LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

I have the Koala and really love it. It wasn't the cheapest but I am very glad I got it. The lift works beautifully and I can be very precise. It also came with a remote. Not sure why I would be lowering or raising the machine from across the room but it's there if I wanted to.
            Ann

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. But maybe so we can tweak the location without having to reach under. I have not yet found a reason to use the remote either.
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Working...
              X