Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a question for Bernina owners (m)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question for Bernina owners (m)

I have had mine for a few days now and spent quite a bit of time on it over the long weekend (read I didn't step foot outside for 3 days).

When I turn it on it makes this grinding noise like my old Janome used to make when I jammed the needle or hit a pin. I think it's the noise it makes when it sets all systems to go.

Then when I take my first stitch it hesitates and makes that same grinding noise then it stitches merrily along and is fine.

Is that normal for a Bernina? The grindy noise before it gets going? It's hard to describe, it not grinding on anything, more like a brrrrrrrrrrr noise.

Heather
    🍄 Heather🍄

Re: I have a question for Bernina owners (m)

I have the Bernina 430 and when you first turn it on it doesn't make a grinding noise but ....oh boy how do I describe it... sounds like the machine is checking all systems. The first stitch sounds like a "eeerrrrr" and then all is fine.
    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by Susan M View Post
      I have the Bernina 430 and when you first turn it on it doesn't make a grinding noise but ....oh boy how do I describe it... sounds like the machine is checking all systems. The first stitch sounds like a "eeerrrrr" and then all is fine.
      Ahh, that's exactly it. It's normal then, thank you so much for replying.

Heather
      🍄 Heather🍄

Comment

Someone once told me that is the Bernina burp. (I guess like the tupperware burp, LOL) I have had 3 Bernina's and they all did it. Enjoy your new machine.
        JVO

Comment

I have a Aroura 440 and it makes that sound and it is normal.

Comment

You are welcome, Heather! Enjoy that baby. I've had mine for a little over two years and just bring her in once a year for a thorough cleaning and tune-up. Still love it!
            Susan

Comment

Working...
            X