A gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A gift

This is the beginning of a quilt I am making for a dear friend, who is in the last stages of MS... She chose the pattern (Garden of Eden), and the Ellie Ann fabric....

This isn't the final placement if squares... Just threw the squares up on my design wall....

The inner border will be made from a white honeybun...... I want to use an Ellie Ann fabric for the outer border... I was thinking of the light peach, but maybe something else would be better...

Any suggestions or advice welcome.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by easyquilts; April 17, 2014, 02:10 PM.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: A gift

This is pretty.. and so nice of you.. for me... I would just want to see all the pretty colors surrounded by the "cream or white" that is predominate in the fabrics... a very narrow border first might be nice, and for that my choice would of course be "blue" cause I'm a nut for blue...Have you considered a narrow sashing around each block, or is that too much work.. you may just want to get it finished at to her... B
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I like the idea of peach...blends well with all the colours. You are so sweet. Sorry about your friend.

Comment

Heartwarming Story, lovely quilt.
        Hugs to you both!!!
        Preeti
        http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
          This is pretty.. and so nice of you.. for me... I would just want to see all the pretty colors surrounded by the "cream or white" that is predominate in the fabrics... a very narrow border first might be nice, and for that my choice would of course be "blue" cause I'm a nut for blue...Have you considered a narrow sashing around each block, or is that too much work.. you may just want to get it finished at to her... B
          I like the idea of blue...which I love..... And, I have considered using a honeybun to sash the blocks.... Sara's original pattern has them all together, but...... I'm just not sure about it.... And yes.... I want to get it to her..., so I might not do that.

I hate to make decisions!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by WendyI View Post
            I like the idea of peach...blends well with all the colours. You are so sweet. Sorry about your friend.
            I thought the peach would look soft, and keep the feeling light.... The backing will be a good white muslin.... Thanks.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I think the peach would be pretty. The quilt will be lovely when it's done. So sorry about your friend. I'm sure your thoughtful gift will bring some comfort to her.

Comment

I love this fabric collection! Any of the colors in it would be beautiful. Your quilt will be so beautiful, and I know it will be appreciated!

Comment

That is really beautiful. I think however you finish it, your friend will love it. You are a sweet heart for doing it for her. I'm sur eit will give her a lot of comfort.

Comment

Sandy, that is beautiful! And so is your soul!
                    sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                      I love this fabric collection! Any of the colors in it would be beautiful. Your quilt will be so beautiful, and I know it will be appreciated!

What do you think about a "reads solid", as the inner birder, and a floral outer border?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Sheri View Post
                        Sandy, that is beautiful! And so is your soul!
                        Thank you... This woman, who I met on the King Arthur Baking Circle, has been my guardian angel.... She and her husband are well off....after many struggles....and her greatest pleasure is to do good things for others..... When she knew funds were low, a Kroger gift card would show up.... When my beloved KA mixer died, she and her husband sent me a bigger one....refurbished, but like new. KA gift cards allowed me to buy some if the special bread baking ingredients she knew I wanted. She provided another friend with a much needed wheel chair.....

Cindy and her wonderful husband actually visited us this past October.... They love NASCAR, so stopped here on their way home from an event.... They travel in Coach, a really nice....big.... RB, pulling their car behind.... She really wanted to meet Earl before he died...

I owe this wonderful woman's I much.... I could never repay her for all the love and support she has given me over this last... very difficult year.... She serves as my "safe person", someone I can tell anything, knowing she will nit judge me, or think I am crazy... though I have felt that way...

So.... This quilt is my gift to her..... A gift....as all quilters know.....from the heart.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by WendyI View Post

Thank you..

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by goofyizzy View Post
                            I think the peach would be pretty. The quilt will be lovely when it's done. So sorry about your friend. I'm sure your thoughtful gift will bring some comfort to her.

I hope so...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

You're so sweet to make it for her. When I've been in hospital and home again, I love my little quilt. I vote for blue. Show us when done,please.
                              Mary :icon_popcorn:

Comment

Working...
                              X