DD disapointment ;(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD disapointment ;(

So I saw the DD early this morning and knew I had to have it. I put it in my cart, and started trying to decide what to get off of my wishlist.
    And then the power goes out.
    And when I finally get power & internet back again, its sold out.
    So very disappointed.

Ah well, I guess I'll do without for the time being.

Happy Days everyone!

Re: DD disapointment ;(

Sorry to hear that Rose.

Comment

Not the first time I missed a DD that I wanted, but at least the other time's it was because I just couldn't decide if I really wanted to spend the money on something I had no idea what I would do with.
      Its all good. Perhaps it will come back around. That or I'll just buy it anyway when I get to the point in my list of projects that I need it. I plan on making a friendship quilt for a very dear friend from my Navy days in red, white & blue and the tutorial using the binding tool just makes it look too easy not to use it. But that's a way's down the road yet.

Comment

I used to want one of those (I hate sewing on binding) but then I saw a tutorial on Melissa Corrys blog Happy Quilting and she does it basically the same way as you would using that ruler but without the ruler. Super easy and perfect every time

Comment

Really? I'll have to look that up. TY
          Still want to use it for the friendship braid quilt, but I like the idea of not needing something to get the binding right.

Comment

Originally posted by RoseMA View Post
            Really? I'll have to look that up. TY
            Still want to use it for the friendship braid quilt, but I like the idea of not needing something to get the binding right.
            You're welcome But it does stink when you want a DD and it sells out before you get a chance to get it. And that was at an awesome price too
            Last edited by kmerfeld; April 17, 2014, 12:02 PM.

Comment

You can just use a triangle ruler to get the slanted edge. It means turning the ruler more in order to cut your straight edge, but it works.
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

know how you feel. i had ordered this directly from the TQM website on April 5 and haven't heard anything from them since then. Don't even know if they're still in business. So I too will look up that video.

Comment

That is disappointing. My electricity goes out all the time too. I bought the dd a long time ago and decided, okay I'll just use it for the braid. Here is the blog that was mentioned. She designs for Moda too. Nice site!

Happy Quilting: Video Tutorials
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

I looked her up & added her to my bookmarks.

TY

Comment

Working...
                    X