Help please...Shadow buddies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please...Shadow buddies

I have been asked if I can make Shadow Buddies Dolls, for Yorkhill Sick Children's Hospital in Glasgow. The lady only has 1 doll. If anyone knows anything about these dolls could you tell me the size or send me a tracing of one I would be most greatful. Christine .
    sigpic Christine.

Re: Help please...Shadow buddies

Have you looked at the website? The dolls look like they are simple rag dolls with a very simple body. The faces look embroidered. Perhaps if you have someone who could design and digitize the faces to be embroidered, you could have someone embroider them on a variety of flesh tone fabrics, then construct the bodies and dress them. There doesn't seem to be a pattern for making them, are they mass produced and copyrighted by some company? And I can't figure out how the medical situations are shown on the dolls.

Comment

Thank you Jean. The copyright might be an issue. The hospital want, non gender, no hair, no faces. ???
      sigpic Christine.

Comment

Shadow Buddies | Product Categories | Shadow Buddies Foundation

this is a link to the home pages of the shadow buddy, but there is nothing about a pattern. I saw a few links to 13" vintage shadow buddies, so I would presume they are 13".
        Do some checking into this and make sure you are not violating any copyright issues, as they do sell these and they are specific to the patient diagnosis.
        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I think if you changed the name and used a generic pattern you would be okay.
          Free Soft Doll Patterns on Pinterest
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I was thinking that. A rag doll is a Rag doll.. I will make one up and see how it goes . Thank you ladies.. xx
            sigpic Christine.

Comment

I'm thinking no faces sounds depressing. I found a picture and thought it was brilliant. You make the body out of boy/girl fabric and there is no need for clothes!

rag doll.jpg
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

I don't know how these are used, but they have lots of hospital things in miniature, even an MRI scanner which works, made by a nurse or doctor's son. Well it moves in and out.....
                Last edited by Learner quilter; April 15, 2014, 03:34 PM.
                sigpic Christine.

Comment

Working...
                X