Jenny is our inspiration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenny is our inspiration!

After reading so many posts about people watching Jenny's tutorials and becoming inspired, I just wondered...
    How many of us actually started quilting after watching her? I know I did. It's amazing but I think there may be thousands of people all over the world who love her and who else does such awesome free videos?
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Re: Jenny is our inspiration!

I did. I have sewn for years but never quilted. I was looking for a new hobby and stumbled upon Jenny's tutorials. She made it seem so doable from the beginning. However, because of Jenny I now own three sewing machines and more fabric than I can use but having sooo much fun.
    Ann

Comment

I had been quilting just a few months when I found Jenny's tutorials. She is the cause of my addiction though! Love everything about M* and Jenny!

Comment

Been sewing a long time - never thought I would be a quilter - Jenny's tutes showed me that I could do it and enjoy it

Comment

I did. I have always wanted to learn, but have never taken classes. I watched Jenny's tuts and then bought a machine and started sewing!

Comment

I had been quilting for years when I first found Jenny and her tutorials. I was looking for a new pattern and a simple way to do it. She played a major part in renewing the spirit of quilting for me though. I watched her tuts for months before I stumbled o this place. This place felt like a home I had not been to in years. Great friends and wonderful inspiration. So yeah, Jenny was the inspiration that lead me to a place I needed. BTW, she is just as wonderful in person. Like a next door neighbor. (a good one, lol)
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Jenny's tutorials got me started also. My mom quilted but always made it look so complicated and difficult so I never tried it until now. Jenny made it look easy enough for me to at least try.
              Sharon

Comment

I have been a self taught sewer. Made a small quilt to use as a floor covering for grandaughter. Was hypnotized by all the quilts I found on the web and was completely intimidated until I met Jenny and she demonstrated how easy those difficult quilts were. I have been watching her tutes ever since.

Comment

yep...if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be quilting at all. She made me feel like it was all doable. And of course everyone on this forum has been amazing. I would probably have no hair on my head if I hadn't found you all. But yes, Jenny is the sole reason I can honestly call myself a step above a beginner quilter! Thanks Jenny!! xoxox

Comment

Me too!!! I found Jenny and the rest is history. I just love her ... she's amazing ...

Comment

No...I've been making quilts for several years...but she has taught me SO MUCH!!! I"m sure my mother would have loved her too!
                      I need to meet her someday!
                      LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Her videos gave me the confidence to really sit down and try piecing blocks. I also got serious about getting a real sewing machine, and give sewing a real chance instead of just wishing and hoping.

Comment

Jenny has certainly inspired me to try new things and get an enormous amount of pleasure and satisfaction from creating quilts. I now run a U3A quilt group and of course I tell all the members of the group about Jenny and her tutorials.

Comment

I did in October (I think) 2013.
                            Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

I had been making quilts for 20 years before I found Jenny when looking for fabrics to finish a quilt I had started for my son. I was attracted to her quick easy big results style of making quilts. I've been using her tutorials and style since to make quilts for my family.

Comment

Working...
                              X