What is the best quilting ruler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best quilting ruler?

I know this has been posted before, but for the life of me I can't find the post. This morning I broke my long straight ruler I used for cutting fabric. Previously, someone had posted about one they loved that several people commented on (all I can remember is they said it tended to be a little more costly). Any thoughts on what is the best one to purchase? Thanks for your thoughts.

Re: What is the best quilting ruler?

For cutting strips, charms, diamonds, etc. I use the June Taylor Shape Cut ruler. It makes quick work of getting your cutting done
    Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Is this the thread? http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/qui...ut-strips.html
      Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

I hardly ever use my 6 by 24" ruler since I got my June Tailor Shape Cut. It could have been that or it could have been someone mentioning Creative Grids rulers. People seem to like them more than Omnigrid.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

I love my shape cut plus. I think it was a great investment but for straightening your quilt top before binding you will still need a long ruler.
          Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

I don't care for the Creative Grids, to me they are difficult to see and read. I like the Omnigrip because of the "neon" markings...easier to read.
            Shirley aka buckeyequilter
            I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
              I don't care for the Creative Grids, to me they are difficult to see and read. I like the Omnigrip because of the "neon" markings...easier to read.
              Hey, I like the Omnigrids too. Most of my regular rulers are that brand. The yellow lines show up better on dark fabrics for me. I think the only creative grid I have is a 60 degree triangle ruler.
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

I love the Creative Grid rulers! I like the non-slip dots that are embedded in the rulers. Here's the link to their website. I you have a quilt shop nearby......call & ask if they have them. That way you could see them before buying.

Creative Grids USA

Here is a previous thread about rulers.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/qui...ive-grids.html
                Last edited by pcbatiks; April 15, 2014, 10:27 AM.
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                  Hey, I like the Omnigrids too. Most of my regular rulers are that brand. The yellow lines show up better on dark fabrics for me. I think the only creative grid I have is a 60 degree triangle ruler.
                  Haha...I called it Omnigrip....when I know it's Omnigrid. I have a 4 x 6, or something like that, and have a heck of time seeing the lines.

Comment

I use both Creative Grids and Omni Grids ruler. Most of the time I use whatever I pick up first. I will say I have less of a slippage issue with the Creative Grids. I have the Shape Cut ruler but don't use it as much as should.

Comment

I just bought one of the new Omnigrid rulers...I think it is 6 x 8 anyways, I don't like the new neon grid they have switched to. I can't see certain increments like i did on the older yellow ruler. (They put a big blob on one of the lines I need to see.) I guess I need to think about it because I need a new 6 x 24 ruler too. Since I found that tape keeps them from slipping, I really am more concerned about how easy it is to read the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Slokarma View Post
                        I just bought one of the new Omnigrid rulers...I think it is 6 x 8 anyways, I don't like the new neon grid they have switched to. I can't see certain increments like i did on the older yellow ruler. (They put a big blob on one of the lines I need to see.) I guess I need to think about it because I need a new 6 x 24 ruler too. Since I found that tape keeps them from slipping, I really am more concerned about how easy it is to read the numbers.
                        I will have to see what my 6 x 24 ruler is...it is easy to read. It is a clear ruler with black markings. I'm think either EZ or June Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
                          Haha...I called it Omnigrip....when I know it's Omnigrid. I have a 4 x 6, or something like that, and have a heck of time seeing the lines.
                          Actually both Omnigrid and Omnigrip exist. Omnigrid has the yellow lines, while Omnigrip is the green neon. Many folks I know dont like the green neon as it makes it really hard to read. My first rulers are all the yellow Omnigrids and I like them all, but lately I have been switching to Creative Grids. Love them!!!

Comment

Martelli based out of Pensacola, Florida!!!! I love their products. I found them at the sewing expo and bought the whole package. I have called and ordered more.

Their rulers have some magical property that prevents them from slipping on your fabric. It really works. You can put a square template on the fabric and scoot it all over your cutting board and the template and fabric stay in place--the template never slips on the fabric. They have long rulers, squares, circles, apple core, christmas stocking, awareness ribbon, hexagon, and more. Every time a friend sees my rulers/templates, they order them.

Martelli Enterprises: Sewing, Quilting, & Embroidery

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Now I am off to look at all of the website links given.

Comment

Working...
                              X