Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well THAT was a frustrating day!! Ribbit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well THAT was a frustrating day!! Ribbit!

So I followed the tutorial that Sharyn so kindly shared with me...except I was a lazy idiot and for some reason did not REALLY read the entire thing. This is the link she shared... Such a good link...IF YOU READ IT!

Adding Sashing The Easy Way

So I sewed everything together and realized I had no sashing on the top or left side of my quilt top. So today ripped it all out and then discovered I'd frogged pieces I shouldn't have and had to re-sew them. Then I kept putting the sashing strips on the wrong side or facing the wrong direction. More frogging. It was so frustrating!

Then I finally gave up on that and Liam and I started to make a Minecraft pillow-case for his bed. I steered the fabric and he used the speed foot thingy, (why can't I recall the name of that?), used the scissor button to cut the thread and lifted the presser foot. Then I ironed and we did the next block. Half way through my machine started acting up and I realized it probably needed to be cleaned...so I removed the bobbin plate and the two screws and set them on the side of the machine. I then turned and bumped the dang plate and one of the screws fell inside my machine!! I cannot for the life of me figure out how I am going to get it out!

I'm so frustrated! I was so excited to get that quilt top done tomorrow so I could go on payday Wednesday and pick up the border fabric and batting and backing and start quilting. Now I have to make a trip to my dealer to see if they can dig it out for me. ...and I'm sure there will be a handy wee fee involved too. sigh. Should have stopped when I was first getting frustrated I guess.

Re: Well THAT was a frustrating day!! Ribbit!

That is what I do when I get frustrated...quit, and come back to it later. As far as the loose screw...did you try turning the machine upside down? Just a thought. Sorry you've had such a frustrating day.
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

If I do two big mistakes while working on a project, I stop and go do something else like bake or brush the dog , take a walk..
      Just might be why I have a large pile of UFO's. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.
      "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
      Hillary Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Mimis-quilts View Post
        That is what I do when I get frustrated...quit, and come back to it later. As far as the loose screw...did you try turning the machine upside down? Just a thought. Sorry you've had such a frustrating day.
        Yep..I shook that sucker for about five minutes. I even took a bunch of the screws off of the panels to try and take it apart and see if I could get it out but I am afraid I will break it! I might have a look again in the morning when there is better light. Everything is so tight in there it's hard to see. sigh. Liam was so excited that his pillow case was coming together and then we had to stop.

Comment

Happened to me once too - that dang dropped screw! I finally fished it out with a magnet. Had to ruin a refrigerator magnet to pry it (the magnet) off but it worked for me. So frustrating when things go wrong. Hope you can see it in the daylight. Do you hear it rattling?

Comment

If you can't hear it rattling, check the floor! Happened to me once with a needle.
            Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Whenever I remove a screw I put it on my magnetic pin holder. Hopefully this process will continue to work for me.
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Hope your day is better tomorrow!

Comment

Well Wendy, tomorrow will be another day! Just relax and you will be surprised that the screw will probably show up.

Comment

I did the screw thing too. My DH took the bottom off and out it came.
                    I thought of using his long magnet thing he uses in his shop but my machine is computerized.
                    Good Luck.

Comment

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy!!! Sounds like you need to walk away from your sewing for a bit. As to the "easy way" to add sashing, I always find it confusing so I do it the old fashioned way. Sometimes trying new things such as this process, my brain just doesn't want to make the change. I always try to lay out the quilt first so I don't make so many mistakes. If you're not doing that you might want to lay out the quilt before sewing all the parts together. Especially when trying a new technique this can be very helpful. There will be less chance that you'll add pieces in the wrong order. I am a very visual thinker so this really helps me.
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Sadly Rebecca I DID lay it out lol. I'm just so scatterbrained these days! Imagine the messes I would be making if I was at work!

On a happy note though I decided to look at my machine again, popped two screws off and a plastic cover and there the little sucker was just sitting there! So if Mother Nature hadn't decided to dump 5cms of snow and ice on us and I didn't break a nail trying to get into my truck, this WOULD have been a better day!

Comment

Ooooo gurl! You SOUND frustrated. Please don't call yourself a lazy idiot that's not nice. I do feel your pain tho!! Some days are meant for sewing some days aren't and on those days, you bet, I walk away because I WILL do something wrong.

Anymore, unless it's a have to case, I don't PLAN anything except for paying bills. I don't care what activity it is, sewing, house cleaning, yard work, whatever it is, something always comes up to blow my plans right out of the water leaving me feeling frustrated and annoyed. I got tired of feeling this way!!! Today, I've told myself that after work I would LIKE to get some sewing done but I'm not going to PLAN to sew when I get home. LOL
                          Sharon

Comment

Working...
                          X