why did you choose your user name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why did you choose your user name?

i was just thinking, after a fun conversation with Molly caff, about my user name and hers and wondered how others chose theirs. My first cat as an adult ( i was typing responsible adult there and backspaced out of honesty!) was a beautiful pale gray, ginger and white regal lady cat called daisy. She was a great friend to me for 19 years through thick and thin. She had a very high opinion of herself with which i totally agreed but my she was vain. i called her the Divine Daisy when she was in this mood (which was often) and when it came to deciding what to call myself online i chose my nickname for her. It makes me smile and think of her very often.

When i had my babies...my eldest is 30 this year, Daisy obviously considered i couldnt do this without her help. She used to catch mice and spit them out in the baby's cot. ok...... not the best thing for a baby but she was helping to feed them in her mind and i always remembered to thank her as i quickly removed the said dead mouse lol.

So........ Divine Daisy... heres to you old girl. i know you would sleep on my sewing and annoy me if you were here but..it might be worth it eh?

What about others? any good stories about your user name?
    Blog
    http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: why did you choose your user name?

Nice story! Mine is noting so special - my name is Mary and Marebear is what my sister always called me
    Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

It's my name.

Comment

My real name is Eva Mari but my siblings called me Emmari.... *Hugs*
        Fabric purchases require no justification!
        A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Comment

I'm from New Mexico and a woman, so I decided NM Lady!

Comment

Our one and only (so far) Grandchild is 1/2 asian and we started out referring to me as Lola trying to keep the 2 Grandmas and the 1 Great Grandma easy for him to remember as he gets older......he has since re-named me Nana and I use Ace as a nickname for him, so Lola2Ace I am. Marebear I think that is a very special name for you, well, all of the names are special!
            :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

My name is Deb and I live in Malaga... it's my handle for email addresses, too.
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Originally posted by Marebear View Post
                Nice story! Mine is noting so special - my name is Mary and Marebear is what my sister always called me
                My oldest girl is Mary-we called her Marybear when she was little.

My user name, not too creative-I work as a baker and i'm a mom. Wanted something simple that i would remember.
                “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I'm a mother of 3 adult children and they call me mama, then my DIL came along and introduced me to quilting. Actually she choosed my user name - mamaquilt. Anyway I'm able to remember it.
                  sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

I had a sewing business before moving to London and Rebeccas-sewing! was the name of my business. It's supposed to be a play on words. Great question, Daisy! I've often wondered about some of the names our friends are using.
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

brilliant stories! i love that there are personal stories behind even the simplest choices we make. i hope you are enjoying London Rebecca.....hot and humid just now but at least the hysteria of the Royal Wedding is over! (i am a not so secret non lover of the royal family lol)
                      Blog
                      http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Mimi is what my twin grandsons named me when they started talking...I wanted to be called grammy by my grandkids, but when they started talking it came out as mimi...and I love to make quilts, so there you have it...the pics are of me with the twins and their baby sister and the other pic is my son and his daughter.
                        Attached Files
                        LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Mimi, you don't look old enough to have gran kid the size of those beautiful twins.

My name....you guessed it.... I like to watch the loons at the lake. And I thought it would be unique enough to not have to add numbers, but NOT!
                          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Love this question, Divine! Your Daisy must have been a 'real cool cat'. It is so interesting to read how the quilters got their user name. It makes me feel like I know them even better now! I chose Meemeecyn as my grandgirls call me Meemee...the oldest started to put an accent on the second mee so we decided to spell it this way. cyn comes from my real name Cynthia. It is so neat to read about all your imaginative thinking!
                            (Mimi...Nancy is right...you must have been 10 when you had the twins parent!!!! Cute name, too!)

Comment

Thank you very much Nancy & Cynthia! Music to a woman's ears!!
                              Last edited by Mimis-quilts; May 22, 2011, 04:42 PM.
                              LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X