Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accuquilt

HELLO All,

I have a question for anyone using the accuquilt. Can or do you use the accuquilt with visible interface already on fabric then roll it through? I had some circle applique cut out then put on interface after. It was like double work because I still had to cut around circle. I was thinking just run the fabric still intact through with interfacing, but thought will that gum up the blades on die. My idea if I try is to sandwich the interfacing between the fabric facing each other so that fabric on top and bottom and blade never really cut paper first.

Re: accuquilt

I am assuming you mean "fusible" web if you are doing applique. Fusible web is heat activated, so as long as it is cooled down after ironing on it shouldn't gum up the accuquilt dies because it's not sticky in a cold state.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

I always fuse the web to the fabric and then run it through the accuquilt to cut my shapes. No problems.
      Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Pre fuse and cut into shape slightly larger than die to save on waste. Remember to count each pre fused piece of fabric as two pieces instead of one because of the thickness

Cheers, pami

Comment

in some cases -- I put a piece of paper on top of the blades then the fabric . especially if the fabric is rayon or polyester - just to keep it from snagging the fabric

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
          I am assuming you mean "fusible" web if you are doing applique. Fusible web is heat activated, so as long as it is cooled down after ironing on it shouldn't gum up the accuquilt dies because it's not sticky in a cold state.
          2015 is here
          Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

I fuse my fabric first and then cut out my shapes with selected die. There are some great videos on you tube showing lots go tips.

Comment

Fuse first. Allow it to cool down and then cut as normal. Normally I only run this one layer through rather than double or triple up due to the interfacing.
              Debbie

Comment

My guild has bought a Go and the sales rep came and talked to us yesterday. She said to put your fusible on the fabric first and that you can put at least 4 layers of fabric/fusible through the machine at one time.
                It is so lovely for cutting rounded shapes like flowers and the drunkard's path.

Comment

Thanks all,
                  I will fuse material then run through accuquilt. Big thanks to KM yes correction fusible. Great information from Claire about how many layers are safe to use.

Comment

These are all great answers. Isn't it great that you can simply iron on your fusible first then run it through the GO! cutter. Easy to use. You can get more tips at accuquilt.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum Steve . . . are you the REAL Steve Nabity that is the CEO of Accuquilt?
                      inquiring minds want to know

Originally posted by steve.nabity View Post
                      These are all great answers. Isn't it great that you can simply iron on your fusible first then run it through the GO! cutter. Easy to use. You can get more tips at accuquilt.com
                      2015 is here

Comment

Yes, thanks for asking. Steve

Comment

well I'll double dipped . . . . Welcome again Steve . . anything you need to know about any products from AQ -- just ask - there are many many peeps on the forum that are more than happy to help out . . LOL*~

of course I want to know - when are y'all going to start up AccuFab (fabric line)
                          2015 is here

Comment

AccuQuilt is going to focus on making it easier to cut fabric so quilters have more time quilting and spending time with their family. There are a lot of great fabric companies doing awesome work.

Comment

Working...
                            X