Slip Sliding Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slip Sliding Away

I was working with the Dresden Plate ruler last night and I was about at my wits end because i could not hold this thing still!

THEN I remember what I had read on Bonnie Hunter's site and someone on this site had mentioned it....Medical tape,the kind you probably keep around for emergencies, I just happened to have some Johnson and Johnson's in a tape dispenser. It's probably cloth and it has little ridges and is a bit transparent... BUT WOW. What a simple solution to keeping your ruler in place! I've tried circles and sandpaper and scotch tape and a clear sheet of something...nothing works as nice as this tape! No more slip, sliding away! O yeah...it's cheap and available...woo hoo!

Re: Slip Sliding Away

I've got to try this. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

What a great idea, thanks for sharing!
      Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

good idea... I use tape around my fingers, when "pet hairs" or threads are all over my clothes...
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

What a terrific idea! I'm heading to Wal-Mart, and I'll be sure to get some.

Thanks!
          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Who knew? I have one troublesome ruler that I'm going to try this on. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Thanks for the tip...will have to do this.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Great advice! Thanks!

Paul Simon - Slip Slidin' Away + lyrics - YouTube

Comment

I wondered if anybody caught that. Some really awesome lyrics, thanks for bringing them up!

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I've been trying to decide if I want to buy a regular dresden template or spend a little more on a creative grid dresden.........hhhmmm.....something to think about.
                      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

last night, I was thinking the same thing and even tho I would like to have a longer one, in particular, I'd like the one that breaks down into 3 parts, I am really happy with the way it handles now with the tape.

I taped every ruler in sight! it's such a cheap solution, I can take it off if, it would interfere with something, but I can read the numbers, i can see the fabric, and it doesn't slide...

Comment

What a great tip. That's what's so great about this group - the sharing of tips and tricks that makes our quilting life so much easier. Thanks.

Comment

I got my Layer Cake dresden ruler in the mail yesterday and the first thing I did was put tape on the back of it. Here's the link to Bonnie Hunter's blog post about the tape - Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Stop The Slippage!.
                            *~* Myrna *~*
                            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Thanks for the tip. This will work great for all my small weird shape rulers.
                              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Working...
                              X