Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you have on the tv or radio when you sew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you have on the tv or radio when you sew?

If anything, that is! Sometimes I just want to listen to the birds outside, and I have a birdbath and feeder right in front of my sewing machine, so nice eye candy for sewing breaks. Other times I have the tv news on; if I'm in the mood for music I listen to classic rock on my iMac or iPod.

I'm curious what everyone else has as their background noise?
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Re: What do you have on the tv or radio when you sew?

Good survey question, Deb! When I'm sewing, I either have classical on the CD player, sometimes the window opened with the background sounds of the birds or nothing at all! When I go in the other room to cut, it is usually the TV.

Comment

Unfortunately I turn on the blasted TV. I need a background noise but seldom pay attention to what is going on.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I am with you, Sandy. I almost always have the tv on but it really is just background noise. Sometimes I put in a movie and then forget to watch it.
        Good survey question,
        Deb.
        ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
        Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
        (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

I usually have Jenny's youtube tutorials or Sympoz tutorials playing. I don't have a tv in my sewing room, but I do have my computer and I just love to have Jenny's tutorials running. I do occasionally have music playing instead, or like Deb, the music of the birds outside.
          :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Music usually -- calming music!! :-)
            Melanee

Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Comment

Cd's of Christian or classical music-----or radio set to a Christian station. TV, if family is down there, but generally too distracting for me alone.

Comment

Sometimes I have the TV on, if I listen to music I usually go to Blondie's blog. Most of the time I like the sound of outdoors..so calming to me. Just depends on my mood!
                Patti
                "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Nothing, I like the peace and quiet when I sew, have a good view out my window, live in the country.

Comment

Usually when I sew it's to the background noise of Dora the Explorer or Sesame Street. I have a 2 year old who is an incredible Mommy's girl, so the only time I typically get to sew is when one or the other is on. I keep my sewing area right in the living room so I can watch her and still get work done.

I suppose if I ever had a choice...I'd probably put on a movie or show on Netflix that I enjoyed but have already seen.
                    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                    Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

In my sewing room I sometimes have Martha Stewart on if I think about it at the right hour. I thought I would listen to music but that doesn't seem to happen. Most often it's quiet. My daughters and husband like noise. I get tired of it after a while. I grew up in a very quiet house. That's probably why I like the silence.
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I sometimes have a spanish program on, trying to train my ears. Most of the time either music or a podcast from the states. but I have put on a movie and completely forgotten to pay any attention to it at all.
                        Hola from sunny Mexico, Cheryl:icon_wave:

Comment

I usually have music with my iPod on random play, trust me that is fun, I have an interesting mixture of music on that thing from classical to current, celtic, spanish guitar and everything in between.

I used to like listening to the birds in my garden but sadly I no longer have any. A couple years ago a lady bought the house next to me and she has a voracious cat who has driven all the birds away. My birdbath now languishes forlorn in the garden with no visitors.
                          Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Aaaaw Lynn, no birds any more That is so sad. Bad, bad cat

What a diverse lot we are and what a great survey. I listen to talking books from the library - have just about read them out now tho'. Might have to try out some of the other ideas here.

Mary B.

Comment

nothing. i moved my sewing stuff to the attic bedroom several years ago. no radio, tv, or phone. no distractions.
                              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
                              X