Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you seen this I Spy quilt? Where is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen this I Spy quilt? Where is it?

I know its here, I just can't find it! A while back...several months..okay, last year even...I was talking to someone here about an I Spy quilt and the one she was making using small "i spy" pieces...the size of a quarter and then sashed. If you are that person or know that person...please contact me.. I want to see your quilt again!

I am going to be making an I Spy with 2.5" "i spy" pieces (that is the smallest I care to work with) and I can't remember how she assembled the quilt with these tiny little pieces. If I remember right, she even had a blog where she talked about the quilt. I have surfed Pinterest and other places, trying to find a different way to assemble the squares..I want alot of squares and things to find, but I don't want it real busy and looking cluttered.

At the moment, I have planned to make a 8" square to be assembled. That 8" sq will have 2, 4 patch of the "i spy" sqs and 2, 4x4 solid sqs. The the 8" blocks will be sashed and sewn together. But I can't stop thinking about this quarter size "i spy" sq. Thanks if anyone can find her or the picture of her quilt or her blog, or.....
    Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Re: Have you seen this I Spy quilt? Where is it?

I did a search in the forum and only came up with this site. Not sure if this is it, but she has quite a few I Spy quilts and you might get some help from here.
    http://janesquiltingscrapbook.com/i_spy_quilts.htm
    Cil
    A quilt is a blanket of love
    http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
    http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

These are pretty small squares My Quilt Diary: I Spy quilt ... I Spy Spring

If you go to small aren't you afraid to lose your pictures?
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I think I found the blog post - Mama Love Quilts: Weekend Sewing
        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
          What a good investigator you are!
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Here is a fusible grid tutorial for using small pieces. The Life of Riley: Fusible Grid Quilting Tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
              What a good investigator you are!
              I am a good googler....
              Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Is this the one you mean ?

It is our Jennys Adorable I spy quilt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvqPnoiLSV0
                sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

I recently purchased the ISpy layer cake. I used one of Jenny.s tutorials on Double slice Layer cake. It turned out great. I got 2 quilts for my nephews. And I knowvthey will be a hit!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                    These are pretty small squares My Quilt Diary: I Spy quilt ... I Spy Spring

If you go to small aren't you afraid to lose your pictures?
                    Hi Lorie...that wasn't the one I was thinking of, but it did give me an idea. Instead of making the sqs all the same size...combine all sizes of I Spy sqs....like make a 4 patch of the 2.5's and next to that is a solid or image 4x4 (finished) sq. Or a row of little ones and a row of bigger ones. Something to think about and design!

I usually don't do smaller than 2.5 of anything, but when I recently did a swap for 2.5x2.5 squares (that was the largest they offered) intending to make a Postage Stamp quilt to learn to work and use my scraps, in looking through all that I got (800!) I noticed many of them had a specific image on them and that made me think of I Spy...and then this quilt I am asking about where she used quarter size squares to make hers. No, I dont' really want to go that small, but will if the image is big enough and looks good, I think I will give it a try.. make a 4 patch out of them or something like that. I wanted to see what this gal had done with her small squares to get more inclined to work with them. And I thought if they were a little smaller, it might make it a bit harder to find so the older 2 kids might want to play a little bit more. Worse comes to worse, I'll forget the little ones and stick with the 3.5" like I started with.
                    Cheri

Comment

Originally posted by Rosalie Fegan View Post
                      I recently purchased the ISpy layer cake. I used one of Jenny.s tutorials on Double slice Layer cake. It turned out great. I got 2 quilts for my nephews. And I knowvthey will be a hit!
                      I just saw her tutorial about the i spy cake layer! It did turn out nice. Bet your nephews love theirs!
                      Cheri

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish leo View Post
                        Is this the one you mean ?

It is our Jennys Adorable I spy quilt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvqPnoiLSV0
                        No thats not it, but I did see that and the jars are really a a cute idea.
                        Cheri

Comment

Originally posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
                          ilive2craft2....THAT'S IT!! I now even remember that was her blog..how could I have forgotten that name! Thanks so much for finding it! I am not so good at googling I guess! Thanks so much!
                          Cheri

Comment

Working...
                          X