Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I doing this right? Need help before I continue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I doing this right? Need help before I continue!

So I've been sewing. I got all the 3.5 inch squares cut and now I'm sewing three together, then three more then three more then sewing the three rows to each other to make the completed 9 patch. Is this the correct way to do this? Is there a quicker method that I have not thought of? I saw a tute on making a tube or something but as the squares are already cut tis too late for that! lol.

And finally....this is a pic of the blocks I have created so far without sashing and corner stone of course. I am not certain about one of the fabrics....I've drawn arrows towards the one I'm not sure of. I think it got mixed in with the higher quality cottons because it does not feel as nice...it's much softer and I'm also not sure if the colour works?? Any opinions on it? Should I use it or not? I also have a lot more blocks to go and these are not necessarily the order they will go in....I just don't know. Blues are not normally colours I like to work with soooo....I'm unsure! I appreciate all opinions! xox

9 blocks of 9 patch.jpg

Re: Am I doing this right? Need help before I continue!

Looks good to me Wendy. Just make the blocks up and then play around with the arrangement. You'll change your mind forty times.
    And yes, I would have done strip piecing as it is much quicker. Next time you'll remember I am certain after cutting and sewing all those blocks together, lol! Blessings to you
    Blondie
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Wendy.. love what you are doing..
      I generally do strips when I put a lot of 9 patch blocks together.
      I am not sure about that block. Pictures don't always show the true colors, so I would put it aside til all the rest are done. then see it if fits. or would it go better as a pillow case??
      Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
      :icon_wave:

Comment

I like that blue from what I can see from the picture. Is there enough contrast between the light blocks and your white sashing? That would be my only concern at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
          I like that blue from what I can see from the picture. Is there enough contrast between the light blocks and your white sashing? That would be my only concern at this time.
          I'm wondering this also...but I saw another quilt done this way and it looked okay...I'll decide when I can lay more out with the sashing I suppose.

Comment

Wendy,

I think it looks great. I enjoy doing 9 patches and 4 patches. I can do them without having to think real hard. LOL I think you will have to get your blocks done and then arrange them. I think the blue looks fine.

Comment

Working...
            X