Charm Packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charm Packs

Is it only me or do you too adore charm packs? Were I making money surely I'd be purchasing goo gobs, stashing these lil cuties away for whatever.

I am now fiending for another pack [or two or three] to make a tote to carry my yarn, quilting, etc. on the bus trip up Nawth to meet my new, upcoming granddaughter this Spring.

Have ya ever met a charm pack ya didn't like? Well, that may be pushing it, but you get my drift; they're cute!
    sigpic

http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Re: Charm Packs

I am obsessed with charm packs!!! In fact I just ordered Weeds by Me and My Sister Designs for Moda!! Been wanting to make a black, white and red quilt and this line is perfect

Comment

I Love those little packs of colors! I have a few i ordered just because...... with no particular project in mind. It's OK, I'll find something to do with them, or just look at them,

Comment

Terribly obsessed. I have about a hundred right now. My plan this summer is to make baby quilts, mug rugs, placemants, and table runners. Too hot in Florida to work on larger items during July and August
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Me too!!! but I have almost 2 drawers full... the plan is to sort them by color and pattern and see what can be done... the COC quilt for Blondie is my first choice.. just needs something solid for background fabric and perhaps some sashing... I've one ready to quilt right now .... and I know there are lots on MSQC's youtube channel.. when you buy try to keep a color way in mind and you'll see something come together i'll bet!
          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Grammababs is right. Keep those colorways in mind when getting charms. What I do is keep plenty of white, off white, beige and some colors in charm packs. If no colors work white always works
            Karen
            Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I love, love, love the mini charm packs! I started English paper piecing because they work perfectly with the 1 1/2 inch diamonds that make the 60 degree stars.

Comment

I have a drawer full!! I use them to sample the fabrics. I make coasters with them and use lots for appliqué. I love them!! One charm pack makes a good size baby quilt when you add sashing or a strip of fabric .....I love them!!

Comment

I just got the Garden Party Tango charm pack in the mail today along with the M* Dresden ruler, which can be used on charms or layer cakes. I'm in heaven right now!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I am sorry to be the party pooper here!!!
                    Most of the time, about 25 - 30 (max) charms are cute and the rest are just meh. I bought Wee Woodland charm pack one time and they were all lovely but many were just so plain. So, in order to have ample squares for my quilt, I had to buy 5 charm packs and then some yardage from the same line. Oh, I eventually used the not so nice ones in a D9P as the center square where they got cut up into fourths :-)
                    The thing to remember here is this - it is a package deal. And the one on top is the cutest one!!!
                    EXCEPTION - Bali Batiks charm pack, solids charm pack. Loved each one of those squares.
                    Preeti
                    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

I search diligently for charm packs but my taste runs more "traditional" I guess. Been willing to step outside my comfort zone and have been looking for jewel tones ... and found a few ... but then I have a problem mixing plaids with lines or circles which are also in the pack. And packs that have directionals drive me nutty.

The last packs I went ga-ga over are by Kansas Troubles but those are mostly dark earth-tones. I really WANT to branch out but it's so hard to break out of the rut. Been cutting my own charms and love working with them but usually with tones of the same color.

Guess I'm just a party-pooper too!

Comment

Hmmmmm, me thinks to self! Reeeally now (said in a divaish voice). I have been hell bent (can I say that) on NOT making pink, pink, pink for upcoming granny. I mean, I don't mind a thing having a tad of pink, but geesh, just 'cause she's a girl . . . you feel me. Charm packs are a way cool way to steer away from "girlie" colors as I have seen some tres cool packs. "Good sized baby quilt" you say. I'm encouraged; oh yeah.

Originally posted by Davidsgirl08 View Post
                        I have a drawer full!! I use them to sample the fabrics. I make coasters with them and use lots for appliqué. I love them!! One charm pack makes a good size baby quilt when you add sashing or a strip of fabric .....I love them!!
                        sigpic

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Comment

Hey there, Party Pooper, er ah, I mean Judy . . . have you ever considered batiks? I'm wondering if they might fit the bill to what you are discussing below? Much variety, no worry about matching plaids and such. Think about it!

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
                          I search diligently for charm packs but my taste runs more "traditional" I guess. Been willing to step outside my comfort zone and have been looking for jewel tones ... and found a few ... but then I have a problem mixing plaids with lines or circles which are also in the pack. And packs that have directionals drive me nutty.

The last packs I went ga-ga over are by Kansas Troubles but those are mostly dark earth-tones. I really WANT to branch out but it's so hard to break out of the rut. Been cutting my own charms and love working with them but usually with tones of the same color.

Guess I'm just a party-pooper too!
                          sigpic

Comment

Love, love, love them...they are perfect for making a baby quilt.
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

And speaking of charm packs for baby quilts, here is my contribution to the universe of charm pack baby quilts
                              Sew Preeti Quilts: Quilt # 2
                              Sew Preeti Quilts: Quilt # 4 - Down to Earth
                              Sew Preeti Quilts: Quilt # 7 - Alphabet Soup

Enjoy!!!
                              Preeti
                              http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X