• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leah Day are comming out with fabrics!

The Free Motion Quilting Project

Check this out.

http://www.spoonflower.com/collections/81480

Leah Day have design fabric with fmq lines already printed on the fabrics!!

It is cool!

Last edited by Swedish leo; April 11, 2014, 08:16 AM.
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Leah Day are comming out with fabrics!

Geat idea .
    sigpic
    Hugs Ann

Comment

Spoonflower has the most amazing fabric ever. It is just too expensive for me :-(
      Preeti
      http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here's a question. Do the FMQ lines disappear? Or are you stuck with them on the fabric forever.....if you miss the lines you will be sunk with that white showing up....
        Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

She is doing an FMQ quilt-along on her blog. The fabric is designed for her quilt-along, for people who want to practice FMQ but don't want to piece all the blocks.
          ---Susan---

"When life gives you scraps - make a quilt!"

Comment

Those oranges!! Those greens! So, so pretty.

Comment

Love it! It would definitely help with getting better at fmq

Comment

Great idea but it looks like the lines are permanent. Much cheaper methinks to buy a stencil then chalk the lines in. That way if you miss, it isnt too obvious. IMHO..

Comment

Annika, your are really our Scout, finding out the newest and interesting links. Thanks so much for sharing all your discoveries with us

Comment

I wonder if that was an aha moment or if it was planned all along. I'm envious of these creative people who turn their ideas into money- makers. What a fantastic idea. I bet she'll have lots of success with that line of fabric.
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I wonder how wide it is. It would be great for practice! For a real project, there is no way I would be able to stay on all of the lines though.

sigpic
                      Marci

Comment

I doubt that I would use this in a finished quilt... but it would be wonderful to practice FMQ on - even if you just bought 1/2 yard of a few of the designs, it would be a good start to learn different patterns

Comment

Thanks for sharing the fabric! Yes, has been an idea I've been bouncing around for several years, mostly to offer students in class something to quilting on first before we try free hand quilting in class. Having the marked lines can definitely help take the "mystery" out of how you fill a space.

But no, the designs marked on the fabric are permanent, so they will not wash out after quilting. However, if you used this fabric with a 100% cotton batting with a good bit of shrink to it, the finished quilt will crinkle up and hide the quilting stitches anyway. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by LeahDay View Post
                            Thanks for sharing the fabric! Yes, has been an idea I've been bouncing around for several years, mostly to offer students in class something to quilting on first before we try free hand quilting in class. Having the marked lines can definitely help take the "mystery" out of how you fill a space.

But no, the designs marked on the fabric are permanent, so they will not wash out after quilting. However, if you used this fabric with a 100% cotton batting with a good bit of shrink to it, the finished quilt will crinkle up and hide the quilting stitches anyway. Enjoy!

Hi Leah and a BIG welcome to the best fourm there is!

I thought that your fabric Idea was worht to spread around!

I am glad you joined us here and spotted this thread!

sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                            The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                            A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                            And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Leah, so glad you joined, I am sure you will enjoy. I love the new fabric line. I am going to use some for practice and than they will be awesome placemats.
                              Karen
                              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Working...
                              X