Where do you sell your quilts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you sell your quilts?

Just curious...I am thinking about selling a few of my baby quilts that I am making. I love making them and I do give them as gifts to expecting friends and friends of my children. But I would like to start selling a few and was wondering where you have the best luck selling, if you do sell quilts?
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
    :D

Re: Where do you sell your quilts?

I haven't gotten to the point of selling (I'm only on quilt number 2), but maybe etsy?

Comment

There is someone locally that are advertising on Craigs List.

Comment

I think Etsy. It can stay there for a long time with low fees compared to Ebay. You really need to choose your key words wisely though. I was selling girls clothing and Hawaiian was a seller for me. it's work but if you have it down to the words and REALLY good pictures it can be done. Etsy has only five pictures and ebay has unlimited if you use a picture program.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

you could start at local consignment shops just to let people see your work. maybe ask some local business if you could put a card in their office. my mother used to make dolls for people and she asked her dentist if she could hang one in their office with some cards they did allow her and that got her started.
          :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

My daughter has been quite successful on Facebook. She just started posting pictures, and her sales started.

Comment

I was going to say, a lot of people sell on Facebook.

Comment

I've never sold any quilts. Mine are mostly baby quilts which I make for showers at my church. I plan to donate some to charity. My larger quilts have been gifts to my kids & gr. kids or I've kept them for myself. JCY

Comment

I knit baby hats for charity, and I have always made and sold baby things...mostly smocked baby clothes. And I did craft fairs for years, and I miss them, but I am getting too old to set up all that stuff at 6 am and sit in the heat for 10 hours. So I thought I would try my hand at selling online. I started an Etsy store last night. Not quite finished with it yet. I am going to try it and see what happens.
                  "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
                  :D

Comment

Working...
                  X