• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheena
    replied
    Re: lost day update...

Originally posted by Genny View Post
    I think you did something most people wouldn't have the guts to do...and that's to stand up and say something about the way you were treated. I don't feel any sympathy for either of the employees that lost their jobs, who knows they may have been over worked and even under paid...but they still had a job and didn't do it. Maybe this will be a good lesson for both of them.
    I completely agree.

You should go back to the shop and buy the material you liked.

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

I think I might give the shop another try, if for no other reason than to thanking the owner for taking your concerns seriously... I'll bet you will get better service....

Leave a comment:

• dwil23
    replied

I'm with the others here. I am glad you stood up for yourself and got results. Since the owner definitely listened and responded to your grievance, I would give her another chance.

Leave a comment:

• ozziepuppy
    replied

Good for you! Thank you for the update.

Leave a comment:

• Kalimac
    replied

Oh, I hope you found what you want at that sweet fabric shop/tea room in Trenton. We had to cancel our FL trip this past winter so did not get to enjoy lunch and shopping there. I'm sure you would have a more satisfying experience. It is a long way from Canada but we will certainly visit whenever we are close.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Good for you for going back and speaking with the owner. People that work one on one with customers need to be polite and courteous, and try to keep the customer happy. That is how the business makes money. You didn't cost them their jobs, they did that all on their own. I do think however that I would give the shop another chance after the owner did do right by you.

Leave a comment:

• Ahamblin
    replied

Very good for going back and speaking with the owner. She can't fix what she doesn't know about and it appears that she did all the right things to correct the problem. Dealing with the public is a very challenging and difficult job but that is no excuse for the sales clerks behavior. And if people didn't come into the store for products and/or assistance they wouldn't have a job. Well now they don't but that is their fault - no one else's. I doubt you were the first to be treated in this manner but you might have been one of only a couple who actually complained about it. I would go back to the store again and give it a second chance if you are in the area.

Leave a comment:

• WendyI
    replied

I'm with BobW....the girls got themselves fired with their rude behaviour! I can't believe they were so ignorant! Wow! My sister worked retail and it is NOT fun...customers are very rude a lot of the time and expect a lot...but the behviour of these two definitely warranted firing. This woman's business would definitely suffer with staff like that saying things about a customer like that. How awful for you to have experienced that rudeness. Sounds like the shopkeeper paid attention...I'd def. give her another chance.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

Bless you for taking the time to meet with the store owner. And I too think you should give it another try based on the appropriate respone from her. Good for you.

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

Excellent point Bob....well said!
    Originally posted by BobW View Post
    I'm glad you took the time to visit with the owner. And for the record, you didn't get the girls fired, they got themselves fired. They probably never thought you would follow up with the owner and they could get away with being rude and mistreating customers.

Leave a comment:

• Genny
    replied

Originally posted by bubba View Post
    I would give the shop another chance. Afterall, the owner did what she should have done, and to include the sales clerks in on the discussion....I can't believe she did that! One more trip can make all the difference.....
    I agree...I would go back too because the owner did show that she appreciated your business. Sadly when you own a business you just don't know everything that goes on when you're not there.

Leave a comment:

• Genny
    replied

I think you did something most people wouldn't have the guts to do...and that's to stand up and say something about the way you were treated. I don't feel any sympathy for either of the employees that lost their jobs, who knows they may have been over worked and even under paid...but they still had a job and didn't do it. Maybe this will be a good lesson for both of them.

Leave a comment:

• LynneLeavell
    replied

Jo - I know what you mean about bad service. There is one quilt store in my area that a lot of people really rave about. Well every time I go in, I must have the grumpy people that don't want to acknowledge that there is some one in the store and might need help. A couple of years ago I was doing the Greater Atlanta Shop Hop, which is real big in my area, and I was standing in line waiting to check out and carrying on a conversation with another lady and she asked me where I was from and we got to talking, etc. Well she asked me "Which one is your home quilt shop" we were in McDonough, GA at the time and I said this one (now grant it I am at least an hour north of this store), she proceeded on with the stores in our area and asked about one particular store and I proceeded to tell her how rude those people are and how they don't like to wait on people and they don't even acknowledge you when you walk in the door. Long story short, she told me she worked at that store and I told her I was sorry but I still didn't like it.

I have been back to this store on occasion and it is still the same. So good for you for getting some kind of result from your experience.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

I would give the shop another chance. Afterall, the owner did what she should have done, and to include the sales clerks in on the discussion....I can't believe she did that! One more trip can make all the difference.....

Leave a comment:

• EmmaB
    replied

I had a similar experience with an owner who plasters her business on one of our local channels and is just sweet as pie on the commercials.

I went in her place looking for a foot for FMQ. She asked me if I had done FMQ and I said no, but was going to give it a go. She immediately got all snarky about how if you don't know what you are doing you can really mess things up. Her attitude towards me was like I was completely ignorant for trying it on my own. Well, maybe I am but if I tear up my machine that's my bad. She didn't have to imply that I was too ignorant to try. If she was offering classes she could have said that from the get go and I may have at least considered them. It was like she insulted my intelligence.

I pretended to look at some other things, walking around holding the FMQ foot in my hand (which has quite a mark up compared to what was offered online) and was fuming, but I never said a word. I casually walked over and put the foot back and as I was walking out the door heard her say "Come back again". Don't think so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X