I picked up my new-to-me machine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up my new-to-me machine!

I spent almost two hours with the owner of the store I bought the machine from. He did have to take a couple of calls, but I pretty much had his total attention. I think there were several dozen customers in while I was there. I was the only man other than the owner. His daughters took care of the customers. The family that owns the shop is Mennonite. Some of the women who came into the shop did a double take when they saw the owner and me sewing and him showing me the features on the machine.

The Janome sews so smoothly and quietly I am just amazed. It has umpteen feet and a bunch of gadgets. It also is computerized and has 64 stitches. It has the needle threader (I love it). It has needle down, it has tie off and did I mention it was smooth and quiet!

I can't wait to get to sewing and piecing. I also visited a Mennonite owned fabric store. I bought some fabric while I was close to the machine dealer.

Re: I picked up my new-to-me machine!

That is awesome Bob! A new toy always makes for a happy sewer! Mine shipped from California last Thursday....tonight it is Indianapolis, which is about 2 hours from me. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow! Can't wait to get it!
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Yea, Bob!
      AWESOME! You must be in 'heaven'....
      I really need to get off the exclamation point.
      It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

That is great to have hands on learning with your new machine! You will be ready to rock 'n roll on your next project--can't wait to see your first project on your new machine!
        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Good for you, I'm sure you will love it. Enjoy getting to know you new machine.
          Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

Congrats on the new machine. It is wonderful to have a dealer that is supportive. I would be lost without mine.
            Ann

Comment

Bob I know exactly where you went...they are terrific and service all brands....when you are ready to know where the rest of the Amish/Mennonite fabric stores are PM me ... you might be surprised.....
              :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

I have a Janome Bob and it does run quiet and smooth. You will love it. Congrats..show us a picture.

Comment

Congrats on the new to you machine. Have fun getting to know her.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

I sewed some sashing on with the Janome. I had to wind bobbins and load them, I used the needle threader. I didn't mention the speed control setting earlier. My machine I was using was a Pfaff Hobby 4670. This is like going from a Yugo to a Cadillac, I'm sure.

Comment

It sounds like you picked a winner! I bought my first Janome last year, and I have really enjoyed it. It just feels like a good solid machine for piecing and quilting. It has so many features that make quilting easier. I never use a needle threader, but I couldn't live without the needle down and the cutter. The new features that I have learned I really like are the locking stitches, the speed control, and the serpentine stitch for quilting. I use that serpentine stitch all the time since I haven't mastered FMQ. I hope you enjoy your new machine.

Comment

Congratulations!!!! Have fun with your new machine.

The LQS I frequent is owned by Mennonites. They are the nicest people and very helpful.
                        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Have fun with your new machine Bob!!! The next machine I get will definitely have the needle down and speed control but it's going to be a while!!
                          Sharon

Comment

Have fun with the new machine! Having all the bells and whistles is fun and makes things faster.
                            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                            Sigmund Freud

Comment

Enjoy your new to you machine!!
                              Lori

Comment

Working...
                              X