Janome blue dot bobbin holder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome blue dot bobbin holder?

Has anyone bought this item. If so, where did you order it from & does it help with the tension? Every time I use my 8900 for FMQ it messes up my tension.
    Peggy:icon_hug:

Re: Janome blue dot bobbin holder?

I've heard about those, but haven't used one.

Comment

Peggy; I bought one for my 6600 from my dealer here in Canada and I do find it helps Good luck !

Comment

I bought one from Amazon and it helped. I did try the Hand look and it was kind of neat.

Amazon.com: Janome Bobbin Holder for Free Quilting & Hand-Look Quilt Stitch for Horizontal Rotary Hook Models: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

When I FMQ, it seemed as if the thread would break if I tried to go sideways too fast. I really think it has to do with how the thread comes out when you sew normally and when I go sideways, it is asking it to do something that is a bit of a pull on the thread. This bobbin loosens it up and the thread pulls more easily. Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.
        Last edited by Slokarma; April 8, 2014, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I ordered on for the 8900. It has a different part no. Than the other on for FMQ & hand stitch one. Hope it works.
          Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

what is the part no that you ordered? I wondered if I had gotten the right one. It had the blue dot and it fit. I'll have to look and see if it mentions the 8900 on the back of pkg and what the difference is.

Wow, I wish these companies would make ordering extras a little bit easier!

Comment

I was just reading the questions at the end of the page, and now i remember that one of the bobbins fits the machines with the thread cutter and one for machines without the thread cutter. I'm going to have to check the pkg and see what I bought.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with my Janome 8900. I'm very disappointed with it and wouldn't recommend anyone buy one. It was very expensive and is the worst machine I've ever owned.

I'm taking it back today for the second time this month. When I FMQ it's as if the top thread tension is too loose and it shows on the back. I also get some top thread loops on the back and have to pull them tight and hand stitch them into the batting. You can see the top thread on every stitch underneath the fabric and it's just not good enough.

There's no way to tighten the top thread to get it tighter than 'auto'. There's no way to adjust the bottom bobbin, although when I tool it in the first time, months ago, the engineer tightened the very small screw on the bottom bobbin. This screw is for engineers only, apparently, not for us quilters!

When using the 'fancy' stitches it looks great on the front, but again the top thread shows, a lot, on the reverse fo the fabric. And again this is just no good if the item is for sale or for a gift. It looks cr*p.

Comment

I've jsut looked up that bobbin holder and it's £28!! That's a lot of money to pay for something that should have been included with the machine IMO. Why sell a machine that doesn't work properly because of a bobbin?

Comment

I've just found this on a website and tried it on a small sample piece and I think there's a bit of improvement. I've only fmq about 6" but no loops. The top thread still shows as dots underneath the work, which it shouldn't do if a machine is stitching perfectly.

Free motion quilting in left needle position

The left needle position has been used in JANOME embroidery machines for years.

Embroidery and FMQ are similar in that the fabric moves freely without foot pressure in both situations. Although FMQ using the center needle position is possible and can create beautiful results, a left needle position allows more trouble-free FMQ and produces similar lovely stitching.
                    Stitch D4S/4S has been updated and enhanced in the MC8900 QCP and MC8200 QC.

This is a simple straight stitch, but with a left needle position. When the D4/D4S stitch is selected and the needle plate is changed from zigzag to straight stitch, the needle position automatically changes to match the left hole of the straight stitch needle plate. This makes it possible to FMQ in the left needle position with the straight stitch needle plate (as described above)

Comment

Features: Horizon Memory Craft 8900 QCP / 8200 QC by Janome

Comment

I've just emailed Janome about this problem. I'm so glad it's not just me.

Back to sewing on the Singer99.

Comment

This is disheartening. I bought this machine a few weeks ago. I have not FMQ'd on it as of yet, but I certainly intend to.

Comment

Sorry, Fliggie. I hop eyou have better luck with yours. If youdo please let us know. It might just be us missing something.

Comment

To answer the original question, I was having tension issues with FMQ stitches on my Janome MC 6300P. I bought the blue dot bobbin holder and have had no issues since. I just swap out the red dot one for the blue, drop the feed dogs and go - no other adjustments. I do use a good thread, either Isacord or Madeira 40 wt. and a 90/14 needle.

Comment

Working...
                              X