Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT: Watch out - your blog may be pirated and you don't even know it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMPORTANT: Watch out - your blog may be pirated and you don't even know it!

If you have a quilting blog, you will definitely want to check out this article by Bitchy Stitcher:

The Bitchy Stitcher: Quilt Writing

It looks like the site quiltpatternspro.com has been stealing blog posts and posting them as their own! Bitchy Stitcher is trying to get everyone to check for poaching and report them to Go Daddy (the site's host company). My blog partner, Peggi, has found several of our blog posts there, and we will be reporting them, too. In fact, from the looks of it, ALL their blog posts are stolen from other quilting blogs, and yours may be one of them! You can check for stolen posts by putting your blog name in their search box. Help spread the word so we can get their site shut down! Why do people have to be so awful???

PS - I've posted this on another forum we belong to, and if this is a repeat for you, I apologize. Just wanted to get it out to as many people with quilt blogs as possible!
    Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Re: IMPORTANT: Watch out - your blog may be pirated and you don't even know it!

I totally understand your frustration and anger.

I shall mention names here, so sue me. Way back when I first started doing paper crafts I was on the HGTV forum and at one point posted a picture of something I had made, the next month I saw my idea in a magazine, couldn't do anything about it because their user terms stated that they own what you post. I learned the hard way to not post any original crafts on someone else's forum.

On this same note, particularly concerning copyrights, you should always copyright your blog or forum.

One more note of interest, you know those print programs you buy, like Printmaster, they have graphics on there to use but you can't use them outside of personal use. I got in a copyright fight with them over my posting items I had made using those graphics, I asserted that if I pay megabucks for the program then I will use anything on there any way I see fit, if you don't want me to use your graphics, DON'T PUT THEM ON THERE. I was on HGTV forum at the time and their attorneys took on the cause because they threatened them with a lawsuit too for allowing the pictures to be posted, Printmaster backed down.
    Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

The site has been taken down by Go Daddy! Thumbs up for the good guys
      Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

Well done Leah.

Comment

Working...
        X