Used Janome 6600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used Janome 6600

I had a Bernina 430 which was damaged recently--repair estimates from two shops was several hundred dollars and I had purchased it used. The dealer gave me a $100 trade in value, and I purchased a re-built 6600. I sewed on it a bit last evening and I really do like it for a second machine (this is the same dealer I recently purchased an 8900 from, new).

I also received a one year warranty on the 6600 and I really do like this shop. My question is--what would cause a 6600 to be rebuilt? After my trade in, it was $500. Seems inexpensive for the prices I've seen them purchased for, but maybe not for a used one?

Re: Used Janome 6600

Can't really say but I have a Janome and it's a good machine. Lots of folks love Janome.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I purchased my Janome 6600 for $900 after someone traded it in. A friend purchased the same machine, at the same time, for less but I can't remember what she paid. Hers was rebuilt because the computer system went out on it. She hasn't had any trouble with her machine.
      Robin
      My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I have my old Pfaff that I've had forever (it seems) and had to have the motherboard replaced in it about 11 or 12 years ago. That is more than likely called a rebuild and my machine has been going strong ever since.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

I loved my 6600, but I traded it for a longarm. I got $600 trade in for mine. I would say motherboard also in a rebuild, unless some wierd thing when wrong or it was damaged by dropping. I'd say you got a good deal!

Comment

That's good to hear, thanks all. Seems like a good deal, I just wondered about the rebuild....but I thought $600 still seemed like a good deal for this machine!

Comment

Has to be the computer part...Ive had the machine for several yrs and love it... Great deal...

Comment

I just bought a 6600 used this past Saturday. It was a trade in at my local dealer and I paid $800 for it. Sounds like you got a good deal! The new 6600 my dealer had was $1600. Hope you love it as much as I do mine!

Comment

The more I sew on this machine, the more I really do love it!

Comment

Working...
                  X