Sigh, another lost day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh, another lost day...

I went to a quilt store about an hour from me. I am always looking for new fabrics that my LQS doesn't carry. My experience with the two sales people was less than wonderful. I asked for some assistance on blues and green that would blend well with a border fabric I found there. I know I was going to spend two to three hundred dollars if I found the "right" fabrics. The first woman told me it was time for her lunch, and Debbie will be right with me. (Mind you it was 10:15 am) So, I was waiting by the cutting table, talking to another customer about different patterns, (Enter Debbie) "Whose next?" I stepped aside to let the woman I was speaking to, to go ahead and do what she needed to do. I wasn't in a hurry, lol I had all day. There was an area with a couple chairs and magazines, I am assuming, were for "waiters" so I sat down. When they were finished, I got up and proceeded to the table, and Debbie excuses herself and will be back in a moment. Ok The other woman was no where to be found. But I heard Debbie saying to someone out of sight, that "This woman is going to be a pain in the _ _ _, I don't have time to wait on her, shes going to be here all day." The other woman, laughs and says, "That's why I came out here." Now I was the only person in the store at the time, could they have possibly meant me?? Oh heavens. I went into their cubby hole, had half a dozen bolts of fabric I had chosen to purchase, set them on the floor. I told them I had hoped this would be a great place to shop, but I can see it won't be a place I won't be returning to anytime soon. I left the store and came home. Why do I feel so let down? I am going to call the owner and tell her what had happened.
    Well I feel better now...
    thanks for listening.

Jo

Re: Sigh, another lost day...

Oh, Jo...how disappointing, sweetie! I would have done same exact thing. It's very evident that the two clerks the LQS has....they have no business working there. I also would have definitely asked to speak to the manager/owner before I left, too! The clerks were not only unprofessional, but rude/crass! I wouldn't blame you for ever going back, sweetie!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

What a horrible experience I would complain too. You were patient to let someone else go too. Where has customer service gone these days?
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

What happened to service with a smile? What happened to the customer is always right? Where has common courtesy gone?
        Sorry you had such a bad experience. I would definately call and talk directly to the owner.
        :icon_wave:Lisa

Comment

Wow. I guess the days of someone in "sales" actually doing something to sell the products are over. No one is there to show you some things, help you find something or answer your questions. Just take your money when you find what you want and send you on your way. Sad.

I am so glad you said what you said directly to them. They deserved to know that they lost that quilt shop not only the sale of what you had in your hand, but a faithful return customer! I also hope you follow up with your plan to contact the owner & let them know exactly how you were treated. One can only hope that attitude doesn't trickle down from management.
          Vicki
          Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Comment

Wow......Jo.......no wonder you feel let down. I'm hoping that wasn't the owner of the store.....but I would call back or go and talk to the owner or manager. If the owner is a person concerned with good customer service they would want to know about this.......if they aren't concerned with good service then they probably won't be open very long. I hope there is another quilt shop in your area where you can enjoy your shopping.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

You have better control than I. I would have spoken loud enough for the 'ladies', and I use that term loosely, about horrible the service is here and they obviously hate their jobs (incompetent might be thrown around as well) and since they were incapable of assisting me I would be taking my leave. I'd also be throwing out there that I have many quilting friends and I would be certain to tell them all about my horrible experience.

But I'm a snot that way.

Comment

Time to put on the "big girl panties." I would definitely speak to the owner regarding the unprofessional manner of the clerks. I'd also let him/her know that they lost a large $ sale due to the attitude of the clerks. Sometimes, people in business do not realize why their sales are going down and losing business. It is most often from bad customer service and poor training of sales clerks. No one goes to lunch at 10:15, leaving a customer and no clerk should be bad-mouthing a customer. A store owner deserves to know how their business is being serviced.

If you don't feel comfortable with a direct conversation, then send an e-mail.

Comment

I would love to know what theowner says after you speak with her, I hope non be of them are family lol. What an awful experience can you go somewhere else?
                  sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Lorie...customer service is about gone. Customer service was effected when self checkouts were implemented, when the younger generation thinks priviledge should be handed to them instead of earned.
                    I worked in a very large fabric shop in Springfield, MO in the mid 1980s called Missouri Mills Fabrics. It was owned by a gentleman by the name of John Evans. He was a very smart business man and very frugal. But, he made sure, that his employees and his merchandise facilitated every fabric need a customer could want. Back then, a clerk was very vital to know about the fabrics they measured and cut for a customer. What notions would help customers with their projects. Clerks also needed to know how to make samples display in the store.
                    It is a shame that you had to experience that, Jo....
                    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

wow, Talk to the owner first and then talk to their web page. I am so tired of poor service and snotty and lazy sales people. I just am!

Your prices better be dirt cheap if you are going to treat me like dirt, otherwise I will never be back and I won't hesitate to let others know what my experience has been.
                      Last edited by Slokarma; April 7, 2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I too, would speak to the manager. I'm hoping she was not one of the two working!
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Since when is asking for help something that labels you a PIA! It's good to take your hundreds of dollars and go elsewhere. And be sure to spread the word about how you were treated!

Comment

So sorry that you had to go through that. I would definitely be talking to an owner... to the very top of the food chain. You handled yourself much more lady like than I am afraid I would have. I have 0 patience when it comes to poor customer service...ha ha...ask any one who has been with me when I receive bad service. It does not go well with me. JS
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

Jo, where in Florida are you? If you dont mind my asking, what quilt shop was it? I a. Sad this happened to you. Shopping for a craft we love should never go that way. Just rest assured if they continue that kind of service, they will not be around long
                              Karen
                              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Working...
                              X