Marie Bostwick Presentation at my Guild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marie Bostwick Presentation at my Guild

Yesterday my Guild members had a pleasant afternoon listening to Marie Bostwich speak to us about her life, books and quilts. She was lively and amusing telling us about the characters in her books, especially the ones in the Cobbled Court Quilt Series. Her stories were funny and often told of readers who were inspired to make changes in their lives like Marie's fictional characters did.

One reader began a small quilt shop in her home so her educationally challenged DD and others like her could work selling quilting supplies. Marie showed quilts from her books as well as ones that had special meaning for her, like the one her young son and her made when he had a brain tumor that could have ended his life. Luckily the tumor was benign and after much surgery he was fine and grew up to be a fine young man who married a gal that Marie converted into a quilter.

I'm glad the warm sunny afternoon brought out so many guild members to enjoy the show. We each paid $3 for the program to offset the cost of having her as our guest speaker.

Re: Marie Bostwick Presentation at my Guild

May, sounds like you had a wonderful time. Marie sounds like quite the storyteller. Glad you enjoyed it!
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

She spoke at one of my guilds here in New Hampshire a few months ago. She was so entertaining!
      Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Oh, I love her Cobbled Court quilt books! That would be a real treat to hear her speak!
        Carol in southwest Michigan

Spread JOY!

Comment

What a treat. Sounds like a great time. Can't wait for her new book to come out. Actually, I might just go back and re-read the first ones while waiting. I'll have to read fast though - I think it comes out at the end of this month.
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

love her books, love her and I am blessed to be going to her retreat in Oct and while there get to tour the setting town for the cobbled court books. So excited

Comment

Working...
            X