going to sewing expo :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going to sewing expo :-)

I'm going to my first sewing expo this Friday... I'm really just going to get inspiration and maybe do a little shopping. Any advice/suggestions from ayone who's been? Are there any items that you can get a realllly good deal on? Any hints/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Re: going to sewing expo :-)

If you have a large tote bag take it. Depending on the size of the expo, I used to like to look before I decided on what I really wanted to buy. Also tried to limit my buying to things I knew I couldn't find anyplace else. You will find lots of new things, tempting "bargains". After my first expo, I came home with things I never ever used but got caught up in the fever and spent too much. Got smarter after a couple of expos. Have fun.

Comment

My biggest mistake was I did not walk around the entire expo. I would suggest doing that first and maybe make a note of where you want to go back to. Also try sewing machines out even if you are not ready to buy. Its a great place to see many out there. And check to see if your local shops have a booth. The only bargain I ended up getting was a large cutting board. I really wish I walked around more.

Go, have fun. I found people there to be really friendly and everyone chit-chatted easily. Enjoy
      Karen
      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Kai scissors, if they have a booth. Try every machine you are interested in. Look at the new patterns (there will be lots!) and check out all the fabrics you don't find anywhere else. Take $$$ and wear comfortable shoes. At ours, they don't let you take wheeled carts/bags in, however they handed out totes at the gate. Oh, and check out the Martelli booth if they are there!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

hi i live in ma. also where is the expo?
          :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
            hi i live in ma. also where is the expo?
            Less than 20 minutes from you at the Worcester DCU! - Let me know if you plan on going and we can say hi
            Last edited by songbird857; April 7, 2014, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Thank you all for the tips - I'm gonna write things down in a small notebook and bring that with me so I don't get sidetracked by beautiful things when I'm there (well, not too sidetracked )

Comment

To avoid over-spending I usually buy a prepaid Visa and only take this and some cash. Also if you find something you may want to purchase later write down the booth# and shop, if you are like me you WILL forget where you saw it.
                Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I went to my first one this year. I only was able to go for one day. Next year I will go for two days. Walking around first is a great plan, then go back and pick up what you really want.

Have a fun time! Post pics of your buys!
                  April

Comment

first take me with you....everyone is right walk around first..i just got back from one that is spread throughout thw whole town with vendors in two different places....went back to the first building and found needed stuff...have fun...love these gatherings
                    I LOVE JESUS

Comment

Working...
                    X