X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icul8rg8r
    replied
    Re: Sewing books at the public library

I love checking out quilting and sewing books at the library! I can request online, and I receive an email when the book(s) is/are ready to pickup. There are times when the book is brand new or very popular that I have to wait a few weeks. Nice to preview first before buying. If/when I come across one where I like every quilt or the info is indispensable, then I buy my own copy for my personal library.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaB
    replied

Little Man doesn't look too interested lol. He's such a cutie.

Good luck with your serger adventure!

Leave a comment:

• Alpha O
    replied

I had that and donated to ARC. Nancy Zieman has a couple. Serge with Confidence does coverstitching really well. Good pictorial explanations.

I have a standalone Babylock coverstitch. There isn't much of any info in the manual. It uses the same feet as the big Evolve serger for coverstitch, so all the info is in the Babylock foot book.

I have better books that the local library. Mine are more up to date. They don't take or want donations.

Leave a comment:

• HandsomeRyan
    replied

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Ryan I have that book. If you want it to keep. Let me know and I'll send it to you for your personal library.
    That is a very sweet offer but you should hold on to it in case someone locally wants to borrow it. I am hoping to look through all of the serger books I borrowed and if any of them seem like keepers I'll buy a copy otherwise I may just photocopy a few key pages to keep on hand.

I think Sawyer was bored as he fell right asleep but he'll like it if daddy can serge him some cute outfits.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

What a sweet picture I found a serger book in my library I was going to send you, but it's mostly women's clothing. umm I think not. lol

Leave a comment:

• buckeyequilter
    replied

Bedtime story?? lol

I have that book also...don't know why I bought it. I must have thought I would do all sorts of cool things with the serger.

Leave a comment:

• sewelegant
    replied

Adorable picture! Before you know it, Sawyer will be sitting on your lap at the sewing machine.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

I am a big fan of public libraries and have donated quite a few books to mine.
    And you're right in that some of the books there are dated - but only by the fabric that is in those patterns. Of course, our resources have changed as well. I like the feel of a book in my hands and lap.
    Sawyer is learning at his Daddy's lap.

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

i saw this pic on facebook today.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Ryan I have that book. If you want it to keep. Let me know and I'll send it to you for your personal library.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Already multitasking!!! Reading and holding the baby!!! Did you read it out loud to him?

Leave a comment:

• HandsomeRyan
    started a topic Sewing books at the public library

Sewing books at the public library

Mrs. HandsomeRyan, Little man, and I went to the public library today. I was very impressed at the sewing book selection. Although a lot of the books were a little older (1990's) much of the information hasn't changed a lot. I checked out 6 books about sergers to prepare myself for my serger arriving later this week. I think there is plenty of meat left on that bone for other general sewing technique and project books including a few quilting books I would like to explore later. That was just at one branch too, I am sure their online catalog which pulls from all branches has even more. I can not remember which of you recommended I check out the public library for serger books but I owe you a beer.

If you haven't checked out the "sewing books" selection at your public library I recommend that you should!

Here is a picture of Little man helping me learn about sergers after we got home...

Working...
X