I am in HAMILTON @ The Retreat Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in HAMILTON @ The Retreat Center

I have spent the weekend at the Retreat Centerfor the Layer Cake Luuuv session. First retreat ever and what a blast! Jenny did class yesterday and today. Jean is just awesome, the center is too, and I will definitely be coming back. I finished a double slice for yesterdays class and woring on You got mail today. Pics of both when I have them complete and bound.

The new restaurants are very good and reasonably priced. 3-4 mo re store fronts being worked on for expansion. Jenny said they needed to either build a mega store or buy some of the abandoned/closed buildings on main street, so they opted to keep reviving the town. She also saidMSNBC (not NBC), was here filming the town for part of Main Street USA.

Just a fantastic weekend with some great ladies!

P.S. -Our Aussie ftiends will be happy - Jenny said she & Ron will be in Adelaide in September at a guild there!

Re: I am in HAMILTON @ The Retreat Center

How fun. I am so jealous. I hope to go someday soon Glad you had a great time
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

One day I will make it to Missouri. I want to see M* and my Pen Pal of 30 years is in Imperial. One day I want to meet her.
      :icon_wave:

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

Comment

How exciting. The retreat center is so nice, isn't it. Jenny and the entire family are so fun and accessible. Just love them all. Can't wait to get back there in September. You should come then too.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

Would so love to go there! Maybe some day....
          :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

Sounds like a blast! I need to look through the upcoming events and see if there is one that I can't resist....
            Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Lucky YOU!
              That must be AWESOME!
              I hope some day to make it, but for now I have to 'soak in' time with my grandbabies!
              I really need to get off the exclamation point.
              It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

Sounds like you are enjoying your retreat. I have signed up for the Row your boat class May 28 and we are going down the day before and staying at the Retreat Center. I can't wait!

Comment

Lucky you! Sounds like a fantastic weekend. I would love to go there for a retreat and meet all those Doan family members and the great staff that they have. One day I will.............
                  Leslie :lol:

Comment

You lucky girl!
                    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

I've penciled the fall retreat on my calendar, probably won't make it but I'll try.

Kelly, What a great thing to have a pen pal for so many years. I used to have a few in grammar school but somehow our lives got busy when we went to high school and we stopped writing letters to each other. I'm just thinking I couldn't hand write a letter any longer as I depend on my computer for tha. I can't even write a message on a greeting card without messing it up. What a sad commentary on the way that computers have changed our lives.

Comment

You are going to love it! And I love that sailboat pattern, so please post pics!!
                        Originally posted by Peggy Anne View Post
                        Sounds like you are enjoying your retreat. I have signed up for the Row your boat class May 28 and we are going down the day before and staying at the Retreat Center. I can't wait!

Comment

Oh, that sounds great. I am taking a class from Jenny in June at the Quilt Walk Festival. I can hardly wait.

Comment

One of these days I want to get there but its quit a distance for me! Lol. Sure sounds like you are having a blast, you lucky girl!

Comment

How great, I am happy you are having a great time at the retreat.
                              Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

Working...
                              X