Moving and way behind on BOM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving and way behind on BOM's

Ok, so I know there are several folks on here that know the stress of moving and trying to do everything else in the middle of it. I have done terrible multi-tasking and cannot wait till the move is over. Tuesday the moving truck comes, yippee.

So, I would love to hear from others how do you keep up on your BOM(s). Do you have a system for keeping track of projects, where you are at. How do you keep the patterns/printouts.

Of couse I never thought my move would put me so behind. I am crazy about this because I decided to do 4 of them this year. It was to be my true focus. All of them are in some form of started up, some along farther than others.

If all goes well I should be back up and back to normal by the end of April. Finally my very own place. My sewing area is small, but heck its my place and it can spill into my living room which is connected to the space woohoo.

Happy quilting
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Re: Moving and way behind on BOM's

I'm doing one BOM project. I purchased a clear plastic "Art Box" from JoAnns to keep my BOM and all in. I keep the instructions and extra material as well as the completed blocks. I am layering them by month. The box is just the right size to lay the block in it and have the block lay flat. I have to take the completed block in to the LQS to get the next block and I just pick up the box and am ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BobW View Post
      I'm doing one BOM project. I purchased a clear plastic "Art Box" from JoAnns to keep my BOM and all in. I keep the instructions and extra material as well as the completed blocks. I am layering them by month. The box is just the right size to lay the block in it and have the block lay flat. I have to take the completed block in to the LQS to get the next block and I just pick up the box and am ready to go.
      Thats a great idea. I just purchased small boxes for storage, they might work. I am so stressed that never crossed my mind. Thanks
      Karen

Comment

I have a clear vinyl bag that holds my blocks. I put a 12x12 piece of cardboard in it and clip the block to it when complete. The next month block stays inside there in a Baggie until I complete it. The instructions once the block is complete go in a 3 ring binder.
        Mary
        SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Congrats on the move and getting your own space! I haven't touched my machines other than to move them since before Christmas, so I am no help on your question, though. I can't wait - I invited my sewing partner over this week to play for a day.
          Donna

Comment

I do the same as bobw I have a clear container. Mine hasp lactic dividers in it

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
              Congrats on the move and getting your own space! I haven't touched my machines other than to move them since before Christmas, so I am no help on your question, though. I can't wait - I invited my sewing partner over this week to play for a day.
              Maybe we can plan a weekend sewing get together. I would not mind making the drive to Tampa and treating myself to a hotel weekend, I love it.
              Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                Maybe we can plan a weekend sewing get together. I would not mind making the drive to Tampa and treating myself to a hotel weekend, I love it.
                That would be fun! And when I get the chaos cleaned up - you would be more than welcome to stay with me. I am actually in Plant City now - about 20 miles closer to you and a stone's throw from I-4. Literally.
                Donna

Comment

Ditto what BobW said. I just love those plastic ARt boxes. They are perfect size for quilt blocks. I keep everything in there so it is ready to go when I go to the LQS to pick up my next block. They come in different colors too. I have pink, purple, aqua, and clear. Great organizers!

Comment

I use ziploc bags as project bags with all things pertaining to a project together.
                    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                    Sigmund Freud

Comment

I manage BOMs by not doing them! Quilting deadlines and I don't mesh well. When I have other projects in progress I buy those large 2 - 2 1/2 gallon Ziploc bags and keep everything for each project in them. I have a nifty cubbyhole in my stash cabinets where UFOs live in happy harmony with each other. Don't get me wrong, I think BOMs are a great concept...just not for me.
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I understanding, sweetie! I will admit, I am not keeping up with any of my UFO/BOM Projects as planned! This moving endeavor to another state is killing all my quilting projects as of right now.
                        But, I do have clear enclosable file folders that I put my small projects into......
                        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Yup, clear container right under my table is where I keep my in process projects!
                          Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                          Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Working...
                          X