Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EB and the Missouri Star

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    EB and the Missouri Star

    I joined Eleanor Burns Mystery block of the month for 2014. She presents her block and its construction in a monthly webinar. I got the diresctions for the April block, and said, "Wow, that looks familiar!". Sure enough, it is a Missouri star! I've been challenged to make this block, so maybe EB has the technique to make it successfully and without tears! Or missing points!

    #2
    Re: EB and the Missouri Star

    OK, I'm going to let you try it first and you let me know how it goes!

    When you come to Atlanta, we can try it out together in my sewing room. lol
    sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

    Comment


      #3
      Re: EB and the Missouri Star

      Did you ever try the templates I sent you? ( I did send them right?)

      I have had very good luck with that method. It makes it pretty easy to keep the points on stars etc.
      I'd show you a photo, but I forgot to take one of the Missouri Star I made for the 2013 Santa Swap, and she never posted pics.

      Most of the photos in my albums are made with the Marti Michell templates.
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

      http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

      Comment


        #4
        Re: EB and the Missouri Star

        Originally posted by toggpine View Post
        Did you ever try the templates I sent you? ( I did send them right?)

        I have had very good luck with that method. It makes it pretty easy to keep the points on stars etc.
        I'd show you a photo, but I forgot to take one of the Missouri Star I made for the 2013 Santa Swap, and she never posted pics.

        Most of the photos in my albums are made with the Marti Michell templates.
        Yes, you did send them to me, and yes, I used them successfully, and I actually purchased the template set. I made a great MSQC block using the templates. If it can be made without templates, I would rather do them that way.

        image.jpg

        Comment


          #5
          Re: EB and the Missouri Star

          Well I expect a written tut and directions after you figure it out, k?
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

          Marilyn......
          sigpic

          Comment


            #6
            Re: EB and the Missouri Star

            You know she has had a "mystery guest" on each of her webinars so far this year - Marianne Fons and Alex Anderson and ??? someone, I forget. Anyway, wonder WHO the mystery Guest might be for this one???????

            HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMM...............guess we will just have to wait and see!

            April 8th - 10 am and 6:30 pm PST
            Last edited by dwil23; April 5, 2014, 04:52 PM.
            Donna

            Comment


              #7
              Re: EB and the Missouri Star

              I just wanted to say that I have a huge crush on E.B..

              My first quilt was using her QIAD Log Cabin book and I believe that the success of that quilt because of her great instruction is what got me hooked on quilting. I've since done the QIAD Underground Railroad Sampler and it too was very successful. Love that lady.
              Loosely based on a true story.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: EB and the Missouri Star

                Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
                You know she has had a "mystery guest" on each of her webinars so far this year - Marianne Fons and Alex Anderson and ??? someone, I forget. Anyway, wonder WHO the mystery Guest might be for this one???????

                HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMM...............guess we will just have to wait and see!

                April 8th - 10 am and 6:30 pm PST
                It was Daniela Stout from Cozy Quilts last month, yes I wonder who it will be this mo th? I think the webinar is April 8, then it is online for general viewing several days afterward!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: EB and the Missouri Star

                  Originally posted by HandsomeRyan View Post
                  I just wanted to say that I have a huge crush on E.B..

                  My first quilt was using her QIAD Log Cabin book and I believe that the success of that quilt because of her great instruction is what got me hooked on quilting. I've since done the QIAD Underground Railroad Sampler and it too was very successful. Love that lady.
                  EB has a way of making tricky and complicated blocks doable for the new quilter! I love her for that!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: EB and the Missouri Star

                    Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                    Yes, you did send them to me, and yes, I used them successfully, and I actually purchased the template set. I made a great MSQC block using the templates. If it can be made without templates, I would rather do them that way.

                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]72748[/ATTACH]
                    I won this bag at the fall gathering last year and use it all the time. Thanks Jean!!
                    Robin
                    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: EB and the Missouri Star

                      Ok I'm new, who's EB?
                      Maureen 

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: EB and the Missouri Star

                        Originally posted by Momama View Post
                        Ok I'm new, who's EB?
                        Eleanor Burns, quilt in A day guru, been a public figure in quilting for over 30 years.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: EB and the Missouri Star

                          I did the monthly quilt club last year. It started out real good but each month the webinar got so bad I couldn't even watch it. Love EB but won't do another one.
                          Babylock Lover: Unity, Symphony, Serenade, Imagine Wave, Coverstitch, Emore and Embellisher. Juki 2010Q and Grace GMQ Pro

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: EB and the Missouri Star

                            Originally posted by melinda in tulsa View Post
                            I did the monthly quilt club last year. It started out real good but each month the webinar got so bad I couldn't even watch it. Love EB but won't do another one.
                            What was wrong? Was it too much other stuff going on?
                            Vonnie

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X