I need a custom label for a quilt....help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a custom label for a quilt....help

This may be a long shot but here goes. I am making a quilt for a Christmas present for a very special young man. He is about to turn 24 and holds heirloom items near and dear to his heart. It always amazes me how special things like hand made items particularly quilts mean to him. He is the adopted son of my best friend. He is also me daughter Rae's best friend. I've been playing with the idea of doing a quilt for him and came across the Radiant pattern, with the right fabric it will be perfect for a young man. Well I found the fabric, Stonehenge Sedonna Sky. I have ordered the fabric and will start the quilt soon. I've never made a queen sized quilt so it will take me awhile, but I have nine months, so i'm sure I can finish.

Here is my question; I know many of you ladies have embroidery machines. Is it possible to make a label for a quilt on these machines? If so, would anyone be willing to make a custom label for this quilt for me? I will gladly pay for this service. I have made quilt labels with my ink jet printer, and they are fine, but this quilt is going to very special, for a very special young man. I love him like a son. I've been in his life, his entire life. Many times I have been at his home while he had friends over; he introduces me as HIS LIZ.....tells them I'm so much better then any aunt, and I get my own title. He has done this since he was very young. Now that he is grown, he will often come by the pharmacy while I am working to pick up things for his Mom. It doesn't matter if there are 50 people in the lobby, he always tosses over his shoulder as he leaves, " I love you my Liz". It never fails to brighten my day. This is so rare in someone so young. Anyway as you can see the love is returned. If anyone could help me with this, please post here. You will have plenty of time to do it, I will gladly pay. I truly don't want anything fancy, just the pattern name. fabric collection, and a small message from me.

Thanks,
    Liz
    Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Re: I need a custom label for a quilt....help

Liz, I don't have an embroidery machine........so no help there. This will be a special quilt for you and this young man. Be sure and put the date on the label too. Can't wait to see pictures!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Absolutly cannot wait for pictures of this quilt for this more than special young man! Some people just make a difference and should be rewarded - before heaven!

Comment

I'm working on a label right now. I like to do mine as lightly as possible, so I hand digitize them using a single stitch, which I double and triple, according to the thickness of the font - rather than relying on the built-in fonts, which I feel are too heavy. If nobody else responds, I'd be happy to take this on for you. In the next few days I'll have a test that I can show you if you like.

Comment

I would be happy to make a label for you.I will send a couple of pictures if you like. I am laid up for awhile due to foot surgery but can get back to my camera and pc in a week or so. Sendme a pm.
          Ann

Comment

If my machine was working right I'd gladly make one! He sounds like a wonderful guy!

Comment

Working...
            X