Question about MSCO Shipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about MSCO Shipping?

I know this is my first post, and please know I am not knocking MSQC as they seem to have the best selection and prices, and I am grateful for this forum that they sponsor as I have learned so much during the short time I have been quilting.

I placed an order (a total of 7 items, everything was listed in stock at the time I placed the order) and heard back from a representative of the company via email 8 days later that an item in my order was not available. Within hours I sent an email back asking some additional information, 4 days later I received a response to which I immediately responded to via phone as I was hoping that would expedite the situation, and I was advised that the item I needed should be back in stock. During this call the decision was to ship all of the other items now and they would back ship the remaining item when it is back in. It has now been 3 days and the items are still not shipped when I just reviewed the order. And, the backordered item should be back into stock and day now...

Basically, my question... Is a 2+ week shipping cycle normal for MSQC or is this a special case? Was really hoping to work on this quilt over the weekend so I am just a bit disappointed.

Re: Question about MSCO Shipping?

This is not normal for M*. Most of my orders are shipped with in a few days and I have them in hand in a couple more. But delays do happen, I am currently waiting on an order placed March 14, but have received 2 orders placed on later days.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Two weeks is not the normal for them.

I'm sure the one item contributed to the delay. Ordering yardage seems to add to shipping times as well because they have to get the yardage cut at the store where they can pull precuts easily in the warehouse. I think once the brand new, larger warehouse is complete a lot of these issues will be resolved.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

It can take up to 28 days to get an order shipped to Australia! - most of the delay is down to the postal system (in the US) and customs at our end but, at busy times they can be a little slower than I would like. The business has just grown and grown and they do a great job trying to satisfy our needs.

I find find stuff ordered from the UK takes less than a week most of the time! I can't believe how long stuff is held at different stages in the US system - when you can follow its progress
        Jane

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com.au

Comment

I haven't placed an order, but have sent two emails regarding the BLOCK magazine I subscribed to back in February and never received .... never heard back from either of the massages I sent. I too am very disappointed and if this is how they treat an email and subscriber, then I sure win the placing an order anytime soon.

Comment

Thanks for all of the input. This will be the first quilt I do outside of classes at my local quilt shop, and have always purchased my supplies from them. But they do not carry the fabric line I ordered. Fingers crossed I will see the order soon.

Comment

Have you checked to see if you were charged for it. It is not like them at all to not return e-mails. I have never had a problem AT ALL getting anything from them.
              Originally posted by icul8rg8r View Post
              I haven't placed an order, but have sent two emails regarding the BLOCK magazine I subscribed to back in February and never received .... never heard back from either of the massages I sent. I too am very disappointed and if this is how they treat an email and subscriber, then I sure win the placing an order anytime soon.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

I am starting to feel VERY disappointed!

I still have not received this order! Two days ago I sent an email, which has not been responded to. Called yesterday and waited for several minutes as they tried to find who "pulled" the order and finally gave up after over 10 minutes.

As an experiment I ordered one of the daily deals and received a shipping notice on it two days ago, as of this moment the "tracking number" they sent me can't be located in the USPS system.

$200 in purchases at an online retailer that cannot even bother to respond to emails in a timely manner or to answer thier phone is sad! My LQS has very limited space so I was hoping I found a source for fabric that will give me lots of options, but apparently not!

Comment

I feel they are slow in their shipping. if its something I want quick I look at other alternatives.

Comment

There is a rants and raves section on this forum where it would be most appropriate for these types of comments. Everyone here is normally very satisfied with M* but NO company can be perfect ALL the time. With growth there are growing pains. If this is the first time you have had an issue, maybe you could cut them some slack?

Why are people always so quick to complain the FIRST time they get poor service, but NEVER comment on GREAT service. This forum is a place where positive people gather and some of the most caring people online reside here...thanks to this company. Sorry, I get a little sensitive when I see folks complaining.

Comment

And also...when ordering online...people forget that once an order leaves the company, the company has very little control over what happens to the product. But everyone still blames the seller.

Comment

My last order arrived in less than a week but it did not contain the batting I ordered even though I was charged for it. I called on Monday and received it on Thursday. She said they have some new people working nights trying to fill orders . My order contained both precuts and yardage. I would not wait for an email but keep trying to call. I was able to get through on my first call. I love them but they are having some growing pains. Did you see the pictures of all those bolts of fabric?
                        Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

sometimes a company experiences growing pains and this may be what is happening, eventually they catch up and all is well

Comment

Wendy- As I said in my original post, this was my first first order for my new hobby of quilting and I was seeking a good source to spend my money! The orders have NEVER left the company, that is where my frustrations are. If this were an issue of something being shipped and "lost" the fault would be on the carrier and they would have obligation to provide "exceptional customer service". However, this is a case where the seller has failed to provide follow-though, and if any part of their company policy is customer service, that too. And too, I did look at the rants and raves and they tend to be about actual products. I would love to be posting there about the GREAT products I have received, but alas, I am not there.

Vchale- I did, how crazy is that?!?!? That is some major sorting going on!!! Fingers crossed that the 1/4 yard that my order was supposedly short was there since that piece was supposed to ship to me 4/8!

Comment

Originally posted by vchale View Post
                              My last order arrived in less than a week but it did not contain the batting I ordered even though I was charged for it. I called on Monday and received it on Thursday. She said they have some new people working nights trying to fill orders . My order contained both precuts and yardage. I would not wait for an email but keep trying to call. I was able to get through on my first call. I love them but they are having some growing pains. Did you see the pictures of all those bolts of fabric?
                              glad you received your batting, think you are same gal that commented on order missing item as I did last Sat. I too have received my missing item in another order I placed Monday. Took awhile to get through by phone but finally got a gal that took care of it and shipped out right away, received today. They are one busy family of workers for sure. Kinda addicted to all the daily deals and great precuts offered.

Comment

Working...
                              X