Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spray starch ?

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
    I made my own ironing table, so my cover is stapled onto the back. Because of that, I lay down a sheet of muslin before I starch. That way I can lift and wash that piece frequently.

I make my own starch with simple water and cornstarch, works beautifully and it's all fresh and natural with nothing in it to harm me, my pets, my family or the environment.
    What is your recipe? I have an extra bottle around and would like to try it
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

If it stays in one place long enough I starch the bugger. Don't care where it is.
      Blog
      http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
        What is your recipe? I have an extra bottle around and would like to try it
        Here is how I make my starch:

Depending on how crisp you want your finished starched pieces to be, add between one teaspoon and one tablespoon (I use 1 teaspoon and it gets my fabric moderately crisp) corn starch to a small amount of cool water just to dissolve the corn starch. To that, add 1 cup boiling water. Stir for one minute. Then add 1 cup cool water. Stir for one more minute.

When cool enough to handle, pour into a spritzer bottle. And there you have it! Easy peasy and it works beautifully.

Shake before each use and discard any leftovers after one week as there are no preservatives in this. Since it literally costs pennies a batch, no big deal if you have to throw some away.
        Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I use Magic Sizing. I spray as I go right on the ironing board. I usually spray every block when it's done and press and then again when I put them into sections or rows I spray and press again for a nice look. Again after adding borders... I do the same.

Comment

Working...
          X