anyone do crazy quilts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone do crazy quilts?

I was looking at these on pinterest last night but they all seemed to be just close-ups of one spot on the quilt. They look like a lot of work but fun. And a lot more complicated than I thought at first (not hard, just interestingly different)

Does anyone here make them?

Re: anyone do crazy quilts?

Hi Wendy,

I have some pictures in my album of the crazy quilt I made. I used Jenny's tutorial for the Halloween crazy quilt.....but added sashing around my blocks. It's a fun block to make and easy too and a great use for scraps. I didn't buy a template....I just made one from a piece of card stock. You just need it for the 1st piece on each block . Watch her video and see what you think.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/mem...ects-2012.html
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

They are fun and easy (I think!) I started making one crazy block with scraps from each quilt I complete so that I can someday make myself one very interesting quilt.
      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

I think the ones that are "quilt as you go" and using the pretty decorative stitches on your machine would be very pretty.
        Vonnie

Comment

I've made several. All by hand. I have a photo of one of them in my album. Love to do them, but they do take a long time. Never used a template, just take a scrap and star laying it on some muslin and just keep basting until I get my muslin filled up. Then I start stitching combinations of embroidery stitches on all the seams. That was the way I learned how to do them anyway.
          My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Comment

Our LQS has a class on how to make them.
            I was in there one day while they were working on them. Lovely! Most of the ladies were hand stitching the decorative stitches over the fabric seams.
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
            X