Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bali pops

Hi

My sister has wished for another quilt from me just like the one she got a few years back

I am gonna use Bali pops red hot

1895 Hoffman Bali Pops - Quilting by the Bay in Panama City, Florida featuring Quilting Fabric, Quilt Books, Quilt Patterns and Quilt supplies

My question is what color should I use for border ? Any thoughts ?

This is the quilt she got Before.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Bali pops

Wow with those colors you could use almost anything. Could you go with one of the darker shades in the group? It would really make those colors pop.
    Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

I like the print on the bottom. Blue is my favorite color in quilts (just a personal opinion) but that piece will also bring out some of the other colors in your quilt. It's very pretty!

If you can't get the matching prints, I'm not sure what I'd choose. Maybe that light green color, because it's close to the center of your quilt.

Comment

I think the Red Hots fabric would look great with a very thin border of black and then any of the colors for the wider outer border.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

I'm with Karen; was thinking either black or one of the darker reds in the line. Going to be beautiful, either way!

Comment

There's orange in that group of Red Hots. So......orange orange orange orange. Because, you know, that is ALWAYS my answer.

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
              I think the Red Hots fabric would look great with a very thin border of black and then any of the colors for the wider outer border.
              Yeah I was thinking somewhere around those lines.

I think there is so much color so I have to frame it with something darker before I put the wider border on.

I should recive the fabric by tomorrow and then I think I can see how they look in irl.

Thank you all for your input.

I will post this as I am making it!

sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
              The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
              A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
              And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

What is your sisters favorite color? If it is one of the red hots. use it from the dark end. Otherwise I would use either one from the dark end or use a bright yellow from the bright end. You know, something that needs to be washed more often! snicker snicker...
                Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

I like the idea of a black border to frame the quilt.

Comment

Working...
                  X