Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look what I found around the corner from the Rachel Ray show taping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what I found around the corner from the Rachel Ray show taping!

The City Quilter, quilt shop in New York City

Awesome shop, with an eclectic collection of fabrics. If you're in NYC for a visit, you won't be disappointed!
    My haul, just two fat quarters...Subway maps and subway signs from NYC. I likey!

Celebrity sightings? Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn coming out of taping.
    Funny thing. I saw this woman get out of black SUV with tinted windows, and thought, 'hmmm, she MUST be somebody...', slight entourage, poise, dress, appearance, yadda, yadda. I was 15 feet away, we made eye contact, and she gave us a little wave.
    Turns out it was Heidi Klum. Okay then!
    Tim Gunn walked right past me. He was halfway down the street when I was told who he was. Okay then!

While taping, Retired NFL QB Kurt Werner and his wife, and Nick Cannon (host of America's Got Talent and the hubby of Mariah Carey, who new?)...
    And KEVIN BACON! And of course, Rachel Ray!

Fun day, for sure. But I failed the celebrity recognition test, for sure! HA!

But if you're in NYC, check the shop out! And keep your eyes up! You never know who you may see....
    I really need to get off the exclamation point.
    It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Re: Look what I found around the corner from the Rachel Ray show taping!

Sounds like a wonderful fun day!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Wow!!! When I went to NYC, the only famous person I saw was Mary-Kate or Ashley.....standing right next to me in Bloomingdales!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Your such a name dropper! lol I would of been star struck!
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

sounds like fun. i haven't been in the city for many years.
          :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Sounds like you had a great day. I am not a city person and stay as far away from it as I can.
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

What a great day! I have never been up into the corner of the United States. Maybe one day. I will be headed to W.V. in about a week and that will be the furthest up North in the eastern side of the country that I have been.

Comment

Sounds like you had fun! I would have never known any of those people either. Not into celebrities - but the quilt shop - that would make my heart go pitty-pat.
                Donna

Comment

I probably wouldn't recognize a celebrity if I fell over cause I don't watch a lot of TV and rarely go to the movies.
                  If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I am with some of the others...I wouldn't know a celebrity if I tripped over them. DH would recognize them, there are a few I might recognize.
                    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Sounds like you had a great day!
                      *~* Myrna *~*
                      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I went to that shop! I agree-it was a great shop! Seems to me it was a little pricey though.

Sounds like you had fun seeing celebrities! I might recognize them, but wouldn't be able to put a name with them. I have trouble doing that with people I've met. : )

Comment

How fun!!! I love NYC and have never been lucky enough to see anyone famous. However, we did try to visit Parsons-was not permitted in(my daughter was attending a summer workshop at FIT, so we tried to get a last minute tour for college purposes). Turns out they had just finished filming PR the week prior. I love the fabric district-and found that I did not like Mood all that much-prefer the smaller shops instead.

On a similar note-there is an entire movie currently being filmed here in my town(Cate Blanchett is the star)-so if I ventured downtown I might see someone famous--and a friend of mine does have a minor character role in the movie!

Lisa

Comment

Fun day. I recognize them but I'm terrible with the names. Especially in Vegas you see a lot of them, when they are athletes, forget it! lol

You'll have to be our celebrities scout, next time take photos.
                            sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

JUST Love the Big Apple. Thanks for the quilt shop lead. I looked at the 'Times square" fabric , love it just don't know what I would quite do with it. You had a good day!

Comment

Working...
                              X