Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tip

YMAIL_ATTACH_1396206522202_image.jpg

Saw this idea for dealing with binding strip in a magazine. You wind your binding on an empty spool and feed it out as you need it to sew. was a lot better than having tangled on the floor or your lap..I was dealing with 400+ inches of binding and it worked great. I think you could use an empty toilet paper roll , thread a wire thru it and hang the wire on your sewing table too.
    This may be an old idea, but I just found it!
    sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Re: Tip

I use a cardboard tube through which I made a yarn necklace. I hang it around my neck & gradually feed the binding as I sew. It works great for me. It was a tip from my first quilting instructor. JCY

Comment

Neat idea.

Comment

AHA! A great recycling
        use for the empty tube of toilet paper!
        I really need to get off the exclamation point.
        It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

Great tip! And not only not piled on the floor,it keeps it out of the puppy from h*$$'s eyesight and mouth too! I will definitely be trying this.

Comment

I use my wonder clips to do a very rough matching of my binding to quilt. I do this to make sure my joined edges are not going to be on my corners, double check I have enough and it keeps the binding where I need it.
            Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Hey Cindy, I like those thread cone holders you've got going there on the wooden bases. (And your binding solution too, forgot to say that, haha)
              sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

I saw this before, except they put it around their extra spool holder on their machine.

We use our toilet paper rolls as kindling. Stuff them with dryer lint, put a cupcake liner over each end, and they'll light a fire quicker than anything I've ever seen.
                "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Sheri View Post
                  Hey Cindy, I like those thread cone holders you've got going there on the wooden bases. (And your binding solution too, forgot to say that, haha)
                  LOL...I was feeling cheep one day and showed my husband a picture of a cone holder so he went out to the garage and made those. They work great! He kept "perfecting" them so I ended up with two!!!
                  sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Comment

Great idea! Thanks for sharing, going to have to see what I have around the house to use.
                    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Thank you for sharing that - great idea!
                      sigpicCarolyn

Comment

Working...
                      X