Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Explain the Appeal of Embroidery

Originally posted by jaebi View Post
    Oh wow. Cat n Bull, I love what you have done with your embroidery machine! Now I really want one! Do you have a stand alone or a combination machine and what kind! Thx
    Thank you! I have two combination machines, both Pfaffs. I have a Creative 4 and a Creative Performance. I LOVE my machines!!!

here is some more of what you can do with embroidery:

one more block for Jacobean Journey
    Cathryn

Comment

Cathryn I love your quilt blocks. I can't wait to see it finished!
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Oh man. I didn't have any interest in an embroidery machine but after reading this thread and seeing all the beautiful photos I'm starting to plant the seed in my husband's head.. I bet I can talk him into the purchase by christmas! He usually caves into my crazy requests when he can't think of anything else to buy me. It's a win-win, I get what I want and he didn't have to think of a gift and risk it being something I didn't like.

Comment

I love Leah53's answer! ahahahahaha As for me, I get a lot of use out of mine since I machine quilt using the embroidery function on my machine. It gets a real workout. I love being able to embroider labels. For wedding quilts I can do beautiful labels on the back that include the entire wedding invitation. I can add all the birth info. on a quilt made for a newborn. There are lots of things one can do that are very creative with an embroidery machine. The beauty of it is less labor and a fast way to add something lovely to one's project.
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I have a feeling I should not have asked this question. The photos are beautiful!

sigpic
            Marci

Comment

Originally posted by Littlelisa View Post
              Oh man. I didn't have any interest in an embroidery machine but after reading this thread and seeing all the beautiful photos I'm starting to plant the seed in my husband's head.. I bet I can talk him into the purchase by christmas! He usually caves into my crazy requests when he can't think of anything else to buy me. It's a win-win, I get what I want and he didn't have to think of a gift and risk it being something I didn't like.
              Ok - this is exactly how I am feeling. I had no interest until reading this thread and seeing pics of what you can do. Here is my question: Is using an embroidery machine something one can learn to do on their own if you have never seen how one works or would it require classes to figure it out? What is a good basic beginner machine. I think I can see that everyone agrees you need to have a 5x7 hoop, but other than that ????? (asking since I know NOTHING about embroidery machines.)

Comment

Working...
              X