Is it just me or.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or.....

Ok im always on line looking for new ideas for jelly roll quilts ,and charm packs ,I keep going back to Jenny's tutorials because she so awesome! I mean she dont yap and yap she gets right to the meat of the lesson and she so "real" I love her way! I can hardly sit thru any other tut because #1 they talk way too much and #2 they are not always real clear on some points. So is it just me or do others feel the same as I do??

Re: Is it just me or.....

I agree. I signed up for a Craftsy class on fmq and she talks too much, doesn't demonstrate much and when she does it is on small pieces. I would like to see a big quilt. Love Jenny and her methods.
    Ann

Comment

I agree. I haven't found anyone else who is as easy to listen to. I like Leah Day for Fmq. Crafty Gemini is good on you tube but most of the videos I've watched of others are just hard to take. I don't think anyone else makes the quality of free videos that our Jenny makes! Love her.
      Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

I agree , I dont think anyone can match Jennys mode of training. But I have found some I like. Crafty Gemini is one. I like the fat quarter shop videos. They have the Wishes BOM going on now which is pretty cool. I am hoping Jenny does something like that someday. Iheartstiching is pretty good she is really pleasant and easy to listen too

I have my faves and just dont listen to the rest
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I agree. I get bored with most of them because they talk too much.

Many have tried to copy Jenny but they just don't have her personality.

Comment

Jenny is the best! I do like the Gourmet Quilter, too.

Oh, and hello Carrie M--we live in the same town!
            Last edited by Angelia; March 31, 2014, 08:25 PM.
            Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

I can't deal with anyone else either. I am new to quilting and Jenny just makes it so easy!
              "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
              :D

Comment

I signed up for what is probably the same class. She NEVER shuts up and she SELDOM demonstrates. JENNY DOAN FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Originally posted by Ahamblin View Post
                I agree. I signed up for a Craftsy class on fmq and she talks too much, doesn't demonstrate much and when she does it is on small pieces. I would like to see a big quilt. Love Jenny and her methods.
                If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Comment

Just goes to show,,, some people have Star Quality and some. Just. Don't.
                  May the road rise up to meet you...
                  May the wind be always at your back...
                  May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                  Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by Angelia View Post
                    Jenny is the best! I do like the Gourmet Quilter, too.

Oh, and hello Carrie M--we live in the same town!
                    I love the Gourmet Quilter, as well!
                    With Jenny, I've learned as a newbie I can't always rely on short-cuts. She has been sewing a lot longer than me, for sure.
                    Some stuff just dizzies up my head!
                    I got past the HST's thing after learning on my own, about 'squaring up blocks'.
                    And moving my needle position over was EPIC!
                    I really need to get off the exclamation point.
                    It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

Gourmet quilter for me.

Comment

Originally posted by pamipatch View Post
                        Gourmet quilter for me.
                        Gourmet quilter for me also.
                        Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

I too like GQ... for the reverse of Jenny,,, but Jenny is my gal... if I were teaching my funky way of doing things... that would be ME!!! I'm told I'm "animated"...LOL and that get's people's attention.. I really think the world was waiting for someone like Jenny and that's why they have been so successful... good and simple... family based and good customer service... go Jenny,,, we've been in need of someone like you... for the 21st century!!!
                          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Haven't got the patience for videos. I prefer a hard copy that I can mark up my way. Stuff in vids usually doesn't stick in my mind. I can read faster than most can talk, and the printed word registers.
                            Now if they could put up a printable hard copy with a link to the appropriate part of the video --- instead of having to watch the whole thing when you want only one point clarified it would be nice.

Comment

I LOVE JENNY! She is by far my favorite. I also like Gourmet Quilter (the accent is so precious!) and Crafty Gemini. They both give good, clear instructions without prattling on forever. Also Kim from the Fat Quarter Shop is good. I really love her workspace! So bright and cheerful.

Anyway - I really want to try the "hole in the wall" design too, but so far I've only seen it demonstrated by the Quilt In A Day Lady and...that tutorial was over an hour. I made it through 11 minutes. Then I started to feel a little...

Even some of Jenny's longer tutorials - like 15+ minutes, she manages to keep it moving and you don't feel like you've been chained ot the computer for hours. I think the Christmas tree skirt one is a little longer than her usual - but it's informative and she covers a lot.
                              Vicki
                              Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Comment

Working...
                              X