Made my first quilt top!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made my first quilt top!

Yesterday I decided to make a JR2 quilt top with two 20 piece rolls I bought for 50% off at Joann's. I didn't want to use anything that was too dear for my first quilt. My concern before starting was that since I was using two identical rolls, I might have too many instances of the same fabric sewn together. And of course, that is what happened. I may pick four of the seams to break it up a bit, or just chalk it up to my first experience. I plan to quilt using a serpentine stitch. It will be our summer quilt in the family room. Thanks to everyone for your inspiration.

Re: Made my first quilt top!

I personally think that it's great when a couple of the same fabrics come up side by side. Love to see pictures of your creation!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Congratulations! We'd love to see a picture of your first quilt!
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Congrats. I'll echo what everyone else said and ask for pictures when you get a chance.
        Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

yes, pics please - we love to see everyone's hard work!!

Comment

Congratulations on your first quilt top. I hope you can post pics for us to see. We love to see pics of pretty quilts.

Comment

Congrats. Hoping to see pictures soon

Comment

You sound like me. I got my first jelly rolls at joann to practice a quilt design I didn't want to use the better jellyrolls. Some times a pattern will call for more than one jelly roll so having the same prints do not make a difference. They really come out really nice. You just have to watch where you put them. I can't wait to see your quilt.

Comment

Working...
                X