School...ugh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School...ugh!

Well, my dear quilty friends...it has finally come...classes started again today and as much as I hate to say this, I will probably be MIA for awhile...I will try to pop in from time to time...

I have 12 classes to finish in order to finally have that bachelor's degree in nursing...something I have to have in order to keep my job...so in order to afford my quilting habit I have to have a job. Wish me luck.
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Re: School...ugh!

12 classes brings you pretty close. Keep up. My daughter told me they now want everyone to have their bachelors now. They are giving them 5 years to complete or they cannot keep their job.

The good side of it is you will make more money. The opportunities and pay are really good right now for nursing.

Good luck with your classes, I am sure you will do great
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

You will do great in your classes. Will miss you, but totally understand the focus needed for your studies. Pop in when you can or need a break from studying.
      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Sending lots of encouragement, pats on the back, and 'you-go-get'ems' to you, Pat. We'll miss you but you will never be sorry.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

You are so needed. I'm sorry about your quilting time, truly, but know I admire you so much. God Bless,

Comment

I have my associates degree in nursing and 29 years experience. I will retire in 5 years, 8 months (but, HA, who's counting...!?)
            No way, NO how, am I going back to school now! If I did, it sure wouldn't be in nursing! (I actually looked into mortuary science, believe it or not....)

May I ask how many more years you have to go, Pat?

JAYZEE, my best regards, chica. My hospital only hires bachelor degree nurses now, but 2 years ago, came up with a 10 year moratorium. PHEW!
            Just in under the wire!
            I really need to get off the exclamation point.
            It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

I wish we would make more money...but that isn't going to happen. The upside is that I will still have a job.

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
              12 classes brings you pretty close. Keep up. My daughter told me they now want everyone to have their bachelors now. They are giving them 5 years to complete or they cannot keep their job.

The good side of it is you will make more money. The opportunities and pay are really good right now for nursing.

Good luck with your classes, I am sure you will do great

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Sue...I've been an ASN nurse for almost 5 years now. All of my classes are online and no clinical time...each class is 5 weeks long with a one week break between classes...hopefully a year and a half and I should be done. And then...no way in God's green earth am I going back to school! I didn't want to do this, but the hospital is already requiring new hire ASNs to sign a contract to have their BSN in 5 years...and I'm quite sure I probably wouldn't fit into any grandfathering that could happen. So I thought I had better just get this done...let them pay for it and I will work the two years required for letting them pay. I'm not going anywhere and they are the only hospital here that I would work at.

Originally posted by New York Sue View Post
                I have my associates degree in nursing and 29 years experience. I will retire in 5 years, 8 months (but, HA, who's counting...!?)
                No way, NO how, am I going back to school now! If I did, it sure wouldn't be in nursing! (I actually looked into mortuary science, believe it or not....)

May I ask how many more years you have to go, Pat?

JAYZEE, my best regards, chica. My hospital only hires bachelor degree nurses now, but 2 years ago, came up with a 10 year moratorium. PHEW!
                Just in under the wire!

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Best of luck to you Pat! Check in when you can.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Best of luck Pat, I am sure you will do great in your classes.
                    Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

WTG Pat. We will miss you of course, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. So proud of you for stepping up.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope the classes go well. If you have time keep us posted on your progress. Education is good, but I'm not sure going from an Associates Degree in Nursing to a Bachelors for a nurse that has been working in the field for a number of years will improve the quality of care the patients receive. But, if you can do the classes you will probably gain something.

If you get too stressed, pop in here and say hi.

Comment

Good luck pat with your classes soon it will be a thing in the past,I completed my degree 10 years ago I also did my prescribing training so I can write prescriptions .I remember at the time that I felt like my time would never be my own again ,you will get through this and do well .
                          I am looking at leaving nursing after 32 yr s but contemplating re training as a councillor,lol we never stop studying .
                          love and hugs Edwina .x

Comment

(((Pat!))) Good Luck Sweetie! Just think of it in small segments, or it will feel too overwhelming. And maybe give yourself a small something fun, in between each class section. We will be rooting for you here!
                            sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Good luck with your courses, and study hard. I know how you feel...I sacrificed a lot during my years in college (10 years total). Now, I am a Nurse Practitioner, and truly love what I do. Invest in yourself, follow God's plans and direction for your life, and create quilts for stress relief! Caffeine helps a lot too.

Comment

Working...
                              X