Prob w/directions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prob w/directions

....on disappearing four patch in quickly quilting winer 2013 mag. Page 12-13. When you flip the parts as directed it still does not match all the blocks as shown in draw diagram or picture. Why? I have made copy of both, cut out and will not work...very disappointed......

Re: Prob w/directions

Can you post a picture so we can see the problem? If you started out with correctly placed pieces, you only need to rotate the mat, not the blocks, and make your four cuts. From that point, it's only a matter of swapping the larger blocks and turning the middle (4patch) block (1/4 turn to the left) to sew together. So what is it that doesn't line up?

Or, are you referring to your seams not lining up correctly? A picture would help.
    Last edited by Sharyn J; March 31, 2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I made a sample block of this the other day, my center strip needs to be turned around, then it will look like the diagram. I do not think in the quilt minor differences in placement of the center pieces will be noticed, especially if you are using a variety of prints. However, the diagrams look right to me, if I would have looked instead of trying to do it from memory, I think it would have turned out like the magazine suggests.
      image.jpg

Comment

I made that quilt and had no issues with it at all. I found it to be easy to put together and it turned out like it was supposed to. I was very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
        X