Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can sell a quilt, but it is not big enough......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can sell a quilt, but it is not big enough......

A friend of my parents wants to buy a quilt....the one I showed her that I had in mind, she did not like....
    I showed her some tops I made and she saw my Jellyroll Jam I made at the retreat....she loved it.
    But.....she wants it in her bed, she has a twin bed, and I don't have any fabric left.
    What would you do??
    Made with this jellyroll https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ven-jelly-roll
    Should I add more borders? I need more fabric that's for sure, but how do I make it bigger...
    I has to be longer and a little wider.....
    Attached Files
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Re: I can sell a quilt, but it is not big enough......

Does it have to be that same exact Jelly roll? Maybe she would like another jelly roll in the same pattern.

How much bigger does it need to be? It looks like it already has a lot of borders on it.

BTW - Love what you did with the borders
    Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

That's very pretty. Annie's still has some of these jellyrolls. I don't know anything about their International shipping. You might want to check it out. Leaf Haven Jelly Roll - Benartex Fabric

Comment

If you order another jelly roll, you could take the borders off and add a row of blocks to the side and maybe 3 rows to the length and then redo the borders. MSQC still has the jelly roll in stock. Send it to someone here in the states and have them mail it to you to save on shipping costs.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
          If you order another jelly roll, you could take the borders off and add a row of blocks to the side and maybe 3 rows to the length and then redo the borders. MSQC still has the jelly roll in stock. Send it to someone here in the states and have them mail it to you to save on shipping costs.
          That is what i was thinking Karen, but that way the borders are not big enough either........
          I really want to sell this, make some money.....Jan is still without a job, so every euro counts

Comment

The only other thing I can think of is get a jelly roll and make a piano key boarder, maybe 5 or 6 inches wide on the sides and then wider on the top and bottom? You could add that on without removing the borders, not sure how that would look though. Maybe finish off with a solid dark border.

I don't think that option would look as good though.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

It is 67" long now and it needs to become around 80" long......
              It is 56" wide and it needs to become around 63" wide.

Comment

You could add the same blocks to the border. Similar to the piano keys, but rotate them like the rail fence instead. On the side, just use two strips to make 4 inch blocks on each side, and on the top and bottom use the full 3 strip blocks. That should get you to the right size, and adding a dark binding will frame it off.
                I've seen all kinds of quilts with unusual borders that look really nice.

Comment

I think the pieced section needs to be longer. Adding borders will not make it the right shape to fit a bed. I like the idea of either starting over or adding blocks to make it longer. But if it is already quilted,this could be very difficult!

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    You could add the same blocks to the border. Similar to the piano keys, but rotate them like the rail fence instead. On the side, just use two strips to make 4 inch blocks on each side, and on the top and bottom use the full 3 strip blocks. That should get you to the right size, and adding a dark binding will frame it off.
                    I've seen all kinds of quilts with unusual borders that look really nice.
                    That's it!!
                    I think i will go with that.

Comment

I think Karen has a great idea. Get another roll and do a piano border.

Originally posted by Klasien View Post
                      It is 67" long now and it needs to become around 80" long......
                      It is 56" wide and it needs to become around 63" wide.
                      Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Could you take the borders off, add to the main body of the quilt and use the same border fabric but add corner stones to make them fit the new dimensions? Even if they aren't square (rectangle) it will add another dimension.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmm, taking borders off.....never done that........
                          Piano key or fence rail sounds good....... I don't know what to do........

And i need to order that jellyroll....and get it here without all the extra costs......

I think i need to move to the USA

Comment

Working...
                          X