Needle breaking on Janome MC 4900!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needle breaking on Janome MC 4900!!!

Hi Everyone, I'm having a few problems with my Janome MC 4900, The needle shaft is moving far to freely from left to right, and if I am using the quarter inch foot and not remembering to move needle to the right it hits the foot in the wrong position and breaks the needle! I broke 3 just yesterday evening. This is so frustrating! Janome are picking up the machine sometime tomorrow to repair it which is great, but just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same problem?

Re: Needle breaking on Janome MC 4900!!!

Hi Loulou, Sorry to hear about your problems with the needle. I have a Janome and have not had problems - hope yours is fixed quickly! Linda

Comment

Thank you EsGrandma, I think and hope this is just a "one off" as I gave it a lot of thought before I purchased this machine. It was quite expensive and I thought a good brand. We'll see. I have been told 7-10 days. Ouch!! I have so much I need to do. x

Comment

Wish you lived closer and we could share mine!

Comment

I feel your pain! It's not fun to be without a sewing machine. I was cringing when I had to send off my Memorycraft 11000 for repair. I somehow managed to throw off the timing on it. It was jamming so badly that it damaged the bobbin case and the throat plate. It also needed a new needle threader, timing sorted out, etc. It was hard to pay that fee especially in pounds instead of dollars. I discovered that I should've been using a 90/14 needle instead of 80/12 to machine quilt with the embroidery function. Quite an expensive mistake! You'll have your machine back, up and running before you know it. Maybe you could do some other sewing chores in the meantime - handwork maybe, cutting something out in preparation for sewing - that type of thing. At least you won't feel like your spinning your wheels while waiting for the return of your machine.
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I have a Jonome and have had no problems with it. Just wondering if you checked what setting you have it on. For the needle to move left to right sounds like it might be on zig-zag or something like that. If it is, that could be a simple fix for you. Check the setting for the width of the stitch and put it on zero. Good luck. I would be lost without my machine.
            Jo :icon_wave:

Comment

I sure hope it's a quick easy fix for your machine. I agree with Rebecca, get some prep work done so when you get that baby back you are ready to stitch your heart out. I have a machine that is going to the shop today. I bumped the cover where the tension disks are and it came off now I can't get it back on and they won't grab the thread at all. It is way overdue for a general overhaul and cleaning anyway, but I sure miss having it to run embroidery on while sewing on the other machine.
              :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Hi Everyone and thank you for all your replies. My Machine is back at long last, all fixed. I can't get sewing for a few days though as my best friend has had to move house suddenly and it is in an awful mess so we have been painting and cleaning lots to make her new home a home. We have been great friends since the age of 11 and we are both now in our mid 40's!!!! where do the years go??? Thanks again everyone. x

Comment

Working...
                X