Bernina 750 QE issue :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bernina 750 QE issue :(

The thread in the upper part of my machine gets hung and breaks. I can't tell where it's getting so tight. It seems like the very first hook in the back. It's done this since day one. I took it in once, they couldn't find anything wrong. (Because in the shop it behaved perfectly) So, they decided I must be threading it wrong and told me to be more careful. I've been extremely careful and until today I've been able to work around this little snag. BUT, today it was so bad I couldn't even us my machine. I'm feeling frustrated and anxious about having to take my machine back in just to be told there isn't anything wrong when I'm positive there is.

Sorry about the rant... Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Re: Bernina 750 QE issue

I have an older version but mine threads the same way. A few suggestions: Make sure you have the felt pad on the spool holder. If the thread is horizontal, make sure that it's feeding off the end of the spool smoothly. You may need to turn the spool the other way so the thread feeds off the other end. When my machine acts like that, it's usually because the thread's not flowing well.

The other thing to check is in the front of the machine. Once you bring the thread down the front thread slit and back up to the top, make sure that your thread is catching in the thread lever that moves up & down. It should be in the UP position when you thread. If you miss that and the thread doesn't catch, it will cause a pulling action as well, break the thread or jamb up.

Watch the video carefully. Threading the upper thread is at 30 mark and the front lever is at the 37 mark. It really sounds like a threading or spool feed issue. Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQH3LYiiksY

Comment

I have the same machine, mostly I have no problems. Some embroidery threads my machine does not seem to like and they get tight as you describe. What type of thread are you using? Just a thought try changing your brand of thread.
      ​Robyn

Comment

I have the 750 and haven't had any problems. Use the felt pad under your thread and the guide that fits over the end of the spool to guide the thread smoothly. Also my book says to place the spool so the thread unwinds clockwise. Also make sure the presser foot is raised as high as it will go. Follow the arrows that show how to thread the machine. I use Aurifil thread. Make sure your thread and needle match -- check the chart in your book about what size needle to use with the weight of the thread.

I know how frustrating it is when your new machine won't work like you want it to. I hope you get it working smoothly.

Comment

Thank you for the tips... I will try them all.

Comment

I have the bernina 830. If it is like mine the bernina can be fussy with threads. I think you do not have it threaded correctly.
            Mine has a slot on top of the machine and if you do not go slowly with your thread and get it in that slot it will break thread.
            Or something is catching the top thread too pull to tightly, Maybe thread is caught in the top of your machine.
            I always thread it with a thread stand .
            Good luck. They are a great machine but can be tricky.

Marcy

Comment

Working...
            X