Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Dates for the Forum Fall Fun Get Together WITH JENNY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Dates for the Forum Fall Fun Get Together WITH JENNY!

HI ALL!

In order for the forum retreat to have Jenny participate and present, we will need to schedule our get together a week earlier. Jenny is going to Australia during the time we planned our original retreat, and many of our forum members said they don't want to come if she isn't going to be in Hamilton--very understandable.

So, Little Jean just wrote me to say she is booking us for Wed. Sept. 24 through Sunday, Sept 28. The J.C. Penney Days celebrations will be Sept. 26 through Sept. 28. We all had a blast participating in that part of our retreat event last year. She didn't say anything about a Birthday Bash at the same time, but I'm sure MSQC will have some sort of special doings for the J.C. Penney days.

Little Jean is putting us on the schedule for those dates. She will be pulling together a cost for us. We got a reduced rate last year because we were the first group, but now we will be paying the regular "bed" rate for retreats, depending on how you want to share--share a bed, cheaper, share a room, a bit more, have a room to yourself, that is the highest cost. She schedules through Eventbright, you can check there for the rates of existing retreats, I don't think this is on there yet.

Please respond as to whether this works for you. As far as I can see, we need to be flexible to fit ourselves into Jenny's ever growing schedule of personal appearances. Either that, or we can continue with our previous plans, but know that there will be no appearance by Jenny if we keep our Sept. 30-Oct. 3 dates.

p.S. so glad I didn't book that trip to Ireland Sept. 18-26!!
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; March 28, 2014, 05:08 PM.

Re: New Dates for the Forum Fall Fun Get Together WITH JENNY!

New dates work for me.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
      New dates work for me.
      Yeah, Karen!

Comment

The dates work for me, if the price us right.... I really do want to go.... I can probably get to St. Louis, and hopefully meet up with someone... My friends have family out there they will be visiting....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
          The dates work for me, if the price us right.... I really do want to go.... I can probably get to St. Louis, and hopefully meet up with someone... My friends have family out there they will be visiting....
          Sandy, I live in St. Louis, you can ride up with me if you want to.

Comment

The dates work for me. I think it will be even more fun if Jenny can be there some!

Comment

These are the rates listed for overnight stays at the retreat center. The rooms are dorm style and bathrooms are located at the end of the hallway. I think there are either 6 or 8, so it's easy to grab a shower.

REGULAR RATE: Twin bed, one night lodging for one person $69.00
              REGULAR RATE: Queen bed, one night lodging (Queen bed can sleep one or two people at the same rate) $119.00
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Sandy, you need to plan for your own meals. We just found stuff for breakfast lunch and shared, and then went out for dinner to neighboring towns or forum members homes. There are more eating options this year than last year, a new restaurant for sandwiches and a bakery with breakfast baked goods.

They have sewing machines to rent, or you can bring your own.

Comment

I am soooo gonna try to work this in. Dd birthday is the 25th..but maybe I can work something out. Now to get past my fear of driving alone....if DH won't bring me....
                  Mary
                  SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Boy oh boy do I ever want to make this work this year. The new dates are just fine!

Comment

The dates sure work for me. Waiting for my 'roomies' to chime in.
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

The dates work for me unless something unexpected comes. I am currently planning on driving back and forth and not staying overnight. Do we know what the is the cost of just coming and sewing for the day?

Comment

Well ya know I'm in. Not about to miss the fun and misadventures. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. I will be rooming with the divine Karen McEuen again.
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
                            Well ya know I'm in. Not about to miss the fun and misadventures. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. I will be rooming with the divine Karen McEuen again.
                            I am trying like crazy to fit this in my schedule, might even rob the kids. It would be great to meet all of you.

Auntimern, especially you. I like how you think even though you are for sure tougher than anyone else I know lol

Does anyone stay in the downstairs rooms. If I can make this work, i do not want to take away fron those returning guests
                            Karen
                            Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Bumping this up so all can see it

Comment

Working...
                              X